Who Me?
Saturday, September 02, 2006


Image001.jpg
Originally uploaded by KaraMia.

Kendell and I decided to enjoy the last of the summer weather taking in a minor league baseball game last night. The day was wonderful, the smell of hotdogs and beer mingled with cotton candy and popcorn. I couldn't wait to find our seats so I could dig deep into the game.

Kendell on the other hand couldn't wait to find those incredibly bouncy toys some maniac decided was another great idea to fleece us parents out of money and deprive me of my American born right to watch baseball for a full nine innings.

I managed to pry his little sticky fingers from the mesh of the bouncy house and drag him protesting and whining up to our seats in the nosebleed section.

We've been there for maybe two innings when he gets a prize. He gets to go to the fan appreciation area to retrieve it. Being the nice mom I am and the fact that I wanted to see if we could score darn it...I let him go armed with a cell phone.

Soon other children that had left after Kendell began trickling back to their seats, then parents..then the neighborhood dog, some random sea urchins...still no Kendell.

He finally drags his behind into his seat with a oomph and a, "boy that was a long line Mom!"

I let it go....we watched another inning and I waited like the maternal predator I am.

As he's diggin into his bag of popcorn I casually say in aside, "so how was the bouncy house?"

"oh it was grea....uh, I mean, What?? I was in line Mom!"

I just give him the look, you know the one, the one that says..'yea right, I was born yesterday..uh huh'

He knows when he's been beat and gives me a chargined grin and a, "MOM, how did you know?"

"Kendell, I'm your mother. I know EVERYTHING."

I turn back to the game without another word...I like to make him sweat.
I think knowing that I know...was enough to put a little fear in my motherly super powers. Don' t You?






8 Comments:
Blogger Kristen had this to say:

you, my dear, are BRILLIANT! my girlfriend and i were just talking about this iin exactly this same way "I'm your mother. i know EVERYTHING" yep. exactly that!

10:18 PM, September 02, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Motherly super poweres are so underrated these days.

Hot dogs, beer, cotton candy and popcorn...OMG why does summer have to end?!!!!

P.S. 4 more episodes left and I don't know if I can take it. Those girl spent the afternoon alone in the kitchen eating, while Will and Boogie slept. It was the perfect time to TALK to eachother about the game and let out how they are both being played, but noooooooo! Ugh.

10:19 PM, September 02, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

i swear my mom installs a spy cam somewhere... :P

5:16 AM, September 03, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

These kids should know by now that they can't get away with much, not when mom's around.


A baseball game sounds like a good way to end the summer, think I'll check one out for the girls & I, too.

8:26 AM, September 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

For awhile, I had my kids convinced that I had eyes in the back of my head. I still catch them in stuff, and they don't understand how!

9:58 PM, September 03, 2006 

Blogger Jodi had this to say:

Very funny.
Cute boy.
J.

8:04 PM, September 04, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

"I know everything." Boy, did I hear that one a lot growing up. It must be gratifying to say. ;)

6:56 AM, September 05, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Oh, hot dogs and beer. Two of my favorite things.

That is so funny! I can't wait to have kids so that I can do that to them. My mom still thinks she has one up on me.

12:47 PM, September 05, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!