Stew
Friday, September 01, 2006

What do you write about when you can't seem to make coherent sentences out of chaotic thoughts?

Where do you go when you have ideas, but they elude you with clever uses of punctuations and abbreviations as props

My mind is a jumble, jamble, mass of yarn tangled into spider webs by catnipped kittens

My thoughts bounce against my skull in an endless game of wallball and the reverberation has me squinting my eyes against the bright light of inner confessions.

For every step forward I'm thrown back three and I can't seem to find the Get Out of Jail Card for Free.

I dream of black sand beaches with turquoise skies and wake to find ordinary, plain me, no pretense, no disguise.

I laugh at my life and look through a humorous guise, if only so that I can delay crying till away from prying eyes

There are times when my whole life makes zero sense but I just keep plugging away because good girls do, just like mama said.

I whisper "I wish" into my pillow at night but it just lays there silent, blind, deaf, and dumb to my plight.

I want a little of my piece of the pie but found that they've left me only the crusts.

I know things get better and humor is a strong crutch but sometimes that crutch slips out and leaves me landing on my butt

I've dusted off my ass so many times it aught to shine, and all I can do on this silly thing here is rhyme.

So I'm back to the drawing board once again, going to spell out what I need with paper and pen.

Spilling my guts for autopsy and diagnosis

But knowing there's no cure for my particular psychosis

So please excuse my long absence from making much sense

It's 10:30 a.m. on a Friday and my paycheck's already been spent

I'm going back to my hovel, my desk, my office, and try my best not to talk to any of my boss's.






9 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Bravo! I loved it. You..but with a kick. Now can you rap it?


You are going to have a great weekend. I insist!

1:52 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

This is quite the poetic post. Ahh, rhyming is fun once and awhile. Why dont I do it more often?:(

3:27 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Carrie: Me rappin, that would go over as well as MC Hammer pants at the prom

Janet: You don't rhyme because your a smart smart lady! =0)

4:18 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger utenzi had this to say:

Your lovely self was driven to doing a lot of rhyming, KaraMia. What's up with that? I need to stop by more often, I like your page--or is it just your picture? In any case, I do need to visit more often.

Michele prompted this visit, KaraMia, but she won't be to blame for the next one!

4:42 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Hmm, quite catchy!

7:36 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger Dear AL had this to say:

Karamia, need a back-up singer? You write, I'll sing, just can't promise you any fancy dance moves.

So-wa-do-ya-say?

9:57 AM, September 02, 2006 

Blogger Kal had this to say:

That would go great with a little snare and a trombone (think "Woman! Woooah-man!" from "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

-snaps fingers-

1:08 PM, September 02, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I can't sing, so backup singer is out for me, but I can clap and dance. :) I hope it starts to make sense soon.

10:01 PM, September 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

K to the A to the R to the... Oh, nevermind. ;)

6:57 AM, September 05, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!