Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, That's What Little Boy's are Made of
Friday, August 18, 2006

After Kendell came home from camp and I was done smothering him with maternal affection, I instructed him to empty his bags in the laundry.

As we are sitting there talking about all his adventures I notice that his once white socks are the shade of old brick.

"Kendell, what did you do to your socks?"
"Nothingggggg"
"Uh huh, then why are they so dirty?"
"I dunno mom"

Later I wandered out to the laundry room to start on the pile, as I'm separating whites from towels from colors I notice that all his socks are clean and still folded neatly together

"KENDELL!!! Why are there still clean socks from CAMP?!!"
"I dunno mom"
"Do you mean to tell me that you wore THOSE (pointing at his brown socks) all week??"
"Oh no mom, I changed my socks"
"Really? Into what? Because you can't deny the evidence", "Did you even bother to change your UNDERWEAR???"
Prolonged pause...
"um"
"WELL?"
"You see..."
"Yes, yes I do see. I see that you put on dirty socks and undies every time you changed out of your swim suit"
"Um, mom, I REALLY need to go clean my room now"
"Oh no, you really need to go take a bath now...you need to delouse, and those socks....put them in the fireplace before they walk away!"

Gross! Gross! Gross! Gross!






8 Comments:
Blogger Purring had this to say:

When JJ's baby brother stayed I was after him all the time to put on clean undies! I bleached the hell out of them before I sent the kid home.

11:50 AM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger Just a trumpet player had this to say:

**giggles**

Boys will be boys...

SOOOOO Gross !!!

I hope you double bagged those !!

Have a nice weekend ...

11:51 AM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

LOL!

OMG that is too funny! Just this morning I was wishing I had an 8yo boy instead of an 8yo girl (she spends too much time in front of the mirror getting ready for school) but your post has made me thankful for my fru-fru girl. Thanks, I think I'll keep her! LMAO

11:55 AM, August 18, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh that is SO NASTY! When Zed went to camp, I specifically gave him orders to change his socks and underwear EVERY DAY. I felt like I shouldn't have to, but I was so afraid of this very thing happening!

12:47 PM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Just think...the men we love once were these little boys. I had to read this one to Adam and ask him if he ever did anything like that. He said "never". Yeah right.

1:04 PM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger Kal had this to say:

My Boy would just run around in his underwear, the same pair everyday, if we didn't tell him to change them.

Oh, and that's all he'd wear.

The boy's not right.

5:16 PM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Just a Trumpet Player up there, beat me to it: Boys WILL be boys!

I have three of them and your post does not suprise me one bit. I have seen it ALL!

Did you feel his toothbrush to see if it was damp? I'm just sayin'... :)

7:10 PM, August 18, 2006 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

Grody!! lol

6:46 AM, August 21, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!