The House
Tuesday, August 15, 2006

There is a house.
It's just like a million other houses in anytown USA.
It could be the house next door or just down the tree lined picturesque street.
You don't think much about it.
You pass it every day.
Never knowing the secrets held behind its shutters and doors.
The walk is lined with flowers, yard landscaped and pretty,
it is the picture of yuppie perfection...
So why do you feel such foreboding when you approach this house you ask yourself.
Why do you take pains to avoid it day after day in your walks.
Sometimes retracing your steps, just to evade it's picture window stare.
What is it about this house that inspires such trepidation?
Such abject fear?

Well...it could be that it's the house buddy threw up on last Halloween and you were too chicken to tell the owner about the pile of dog chunks on his walkway, so instead you grabbed dog, costumed child, and hauled serious ass outta there...


Yah, pretty sure that's it.






9 Comments:
Blogger Linda had this to say:

That's too funny...do you think your neighbor ever figured it out??? I had houses like that, but it was the PEOPLE inside who freaked me out, lol!

Michele sent me today.

12:22 PM, August 16, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I still wonder if my neighbors know I threw up in their yard. It was very late, and they are very old. So hopefully they don't know.

12:36 PM, August 16, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

It was biodegradeable right?

1:43 PM, August 16, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

LMAO! Yeah, I think I'd walk the long way around the block after that.

5:01 PM, August 16, 2006 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

For a minute there I thought this was going to be a surprisingly introspective post about neighborhoods.

Thankfully, I was wrong.:)

5:03 PM, August 16, 2006 

Blogger Mike had this to say:

Great!

5:06 PM, August 16, 2006 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

Hah!! That's so what I would have done, too. Run like hell.

7:21 AM, August 17, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

Too funny! My colleagues are looking at me strangely!

I should stop giggling.

6:43 PM, August 17, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

I've puked in a couple of yards myself. You know..like back in High School and stuff...LMAO

Yeah, High School.. :)

7:15 PM, August 17, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!