Sleeping Disorder
Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Last night, as I lay in bed, I was able to feel the cool soothing comfort of my sheets. I stretched my body out and lay in weird angels....just because I could.

You see, it was my first night, all night, without my child in my bed with me.

It started out so innocently. After the move and the fire we had gone through, the death of my mother,..we both needed the comfort.

Then gradually I realized I was being held hostage in my own bedroom. Toys started to appear in my room, found by my foot on a three a.m. trip to the bathroom. I began to see dirty socks left on the side of my bed, then his pillow would appear, his blanket, until gradually my bedroom morphed into a somewhat cleaner version of Kendells.

We have discussed this situation many times. In fits of frustration I would demand an immediate exodus of all things labeled "ten years and over" from my bedroom. I would take his blanket and pillow back to his room in the morning only to walk in to find out that they had magically transported themselves back to my bed.

I bribed, begged, threatened, entreated...all to no avail. Even if he started out in his room, I'd wake up to find him snuggled up nice as can be in my bed.

I put my foot down this week. He starts school next week and I know if he's in my room he wont be asleep till I settle down for the night. So I shipped him off to his room. First night I got the 3am visit. Last night...it was an all nighter!

He stayed in his room the entire night!

I got to stay up and watch TV in bed, read a book, talk on the phone...all without my son!

Soon, I might even be able to sneak guys over...I'm so excited!!!!






9 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Way to go, Kara! I know it was hard to do but you do need to have your bed to yourself...well for now.

btw, I need your advice over on my blog. Men troubles, sort of.

2:41 PM, August 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Congrats. SOunds like a big step for you and your son

10:22 PM, August 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Good for you!

8:00 AM, August 31, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Excellent! You did a great job of laying down the law!

8:51 AM, August 31, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Congrats on getting your bed back!

6:38 AM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Excellent! Stick to your guns and this'll be nipped in the bud in no time!

1:37 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Excellent! Stick to your guns and this'll be nipped in the bud in no time!

1:37 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger utenzi had this to say:

Ummmm. Good luck?

4:43 PM, September 01, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Congratulations! Let the fun begin! LOL :)

7:34 PM, September 01, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!