Watch Out World
Wednesday, September 06, 2006


9/6/06
Originally uploaded by KaraMia.
Today is Kendell's first day of fifth grade and he's at a new school.

I woke up with knots in my belly, Kendell bounded out of bed full of puppy enthusiasm.

I worried about what bus he needed to catch to come home...He was nonchalant.

I have been to the school's website five times already tracking his schedule and where he should be at, at this.very.MOMENT....

He is blissfully unaware.

The schedule said he should be home at 3:36...THEY LIED!

He didn't call me till 3:50 because the bus was late arriving at school.
Don't these malicious bastards know I'm a paranoid MOM??

He's home safe and we have both survived his first day of being more grown up then his mom.






6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It's a damn good thing they have us to do the worrying for them!

I am glad the first day is over. The second will be better.

5:34 PM, September 06, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

First, but definitely not last (for being more grown up than his mom). ;)

6:16 AM, September 07, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You know, you're going to have to relax! Zed started 6th grade and a new school AND walking home by himself AND letting himself in AND staying alone for about two hours. I was pretty nervous at first, but when you give them the responsibility and they live up to expectations, it's a wonderful thing!

8:04 AM, September 07, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Take a deep breath! So did he like it?

I had to take the school bus a few times growing up. They herd us like sheep so we never screwed up.

How's that independence working for him?

8:32 AM, September 07, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

My kids are soooo much more grown up than I am! Sometimes I wonder who raised them to be that way. ;)

11:03 AM, September 07, 2006 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

I'm impressed you can track his schedule so closely like that. If he only knew!:)

5:07 PM, September 07, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!