Home Coming
Monday, August 14, 2006


Image012.jpg
Originally uploaded by KaraMia.
There was much hugging to be had at the Moore household this last Friday. But first I had to pick him up.

I was so excited to be picking up my son from his foray into the wilderness. Arriving a half hour early I sat in my car anxiously awaiting the site of his little face while rendering my cuticles into tiny little shreds of flesh.

As his bus lumbered past my parked car I jetted out of the seat like my pants were on fire, shut the door, and hurried to were he would be disembarking.

As I looked for his sweet baby face something was niggling at the back of my mind. "Shut Up Mind", I told myself while searching the crowd for my baby boy.

"You've done something" my mind said back.
"Can you NOT see I'm busy" I mumbled as I spied my short pie heading towards me.
"No, seriously, you're gonna be pissed"
"Come on! I'm waiting to give my pooh bear a hu...SHHITTT!!!"

"Told yah!" my mind chortled gleefully.

In my excitement to see Kendell I had locked my keys in my car.


Only me...






9 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

You should go into to comedy. I love the way you tell your mishaps.

1:34 PM, August 14, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh no! I hate it when that happens! Do tell me some hot, rugged single dad help you get you keys out? Or some hot, rugged, single lock-smith came to rescue you?

3:02 PM, August 14, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

more like a un-hot, dirty locksmith who kept trying to sell me more stuff then the "discounted" unlocking he charged me 25 bucks for. It did however make me want to go to locksmith school cause he got that bugger open in five seconds flat!

3:51 PM, August 14, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

It'll make your little guy appreciate you that much more in the years to come.

If I had $25 bucks for every time I've locked the keys in the car...

Sigh.

5:55 PM, August 14, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

we all do something. i rarely lock my keys in my car. i think i have one time. but i purposely bought a car with the idiot warning that wails when i turn off my car and leave my lights on. i've done that 30 or so times.

mlah

7:32 PM, August 14, 2006 

Blogger Toenex had this to say:

My wife managed to lock her keys in the car with the engine still running once. I shit you not. Women!

3:21 AM, August 15, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

eeek! too funny - but also not. so glad he is home :)

8:03 AM, August 15, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Oh NO! I hate when that happens. One day, remind me to tell you when I thought my car had been stolen. {{blushing}} Oh geeze...

11:23 AM, August 15, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

This is too funny!
I notice the comment above...my daughter took the Twins to the movie. When she went to her car it was locked and running. I thought how strange is this? To leave your car running and not notice? But S**T happens!

6:56 AM, August 16, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!