Taking It a Bit to Literally
Monday, November 20, 2006

Driving down the road on a brilliantly sunny Saturday morning I reached into the glove box and blindly grabbed my sunglasses. Shoving them on my face one handed, I looked out at the road through psychedelic colors and blurry images. Acting quickly before I can go and kill an innocent pedestrian, I tear them off my head.

Tossing them over to Kendell I ask, "Honey, can you wipe these off for Mommy?"
"Sure Mom" he says as he takes his shirt and uses the hem to rub on the lenses. "Here yah go."
I take the glasses and manage to avoid poking out my eye as I wrangle them onto my face. I promptly pull them off again after I start swerving like a drunk on a three day binge. "Not quite there bud. Yah gotta use some spit, it's got something on the lens."
"Spit?" he asks
"Yup, won't come off just with rubbing" I reply distractedly.

I glance over to check out his progress and to my horror I see him hawk a loogie onto the sunglasses.
"Kendell!!! What are you doing??"
"What?" he said looking at me in bewilderment, "You said use spit, so I used spit."
Grimacing in disgust I say, "I know I said spit, I however didn't mean for you to SPIT!"
"Well, next time you need to be more precise."
pause
"Duly noted."
Shudder

Score: Kendell 10
Mom 5






11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That kid is hilarious.

10:26 AM, November 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

No disrespect intended but that '5' seems a little high to me.

11:31 AM, November 20, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

LOL@radio..I agree....I was giving me the benefit of the doubt..LOL

11:33 AM, November 20, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

OMG I would've died if I saw that! LOL

11:33 AM, November 20, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

I'm with Kendall, you just gotta spell it out for us. I would have probably done the same thing.

Cute story. Maybe someday I will have some cute ones other than about my cats.

12:09 PM, November 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm up two boys on you, therefore I have learned this lesson already. But it doesn't stop me from giggling and cringing at your education.

12:12 PM, November 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

"next time be more precise"

Oh, that's classic.

5:40 PM, November 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ewwwww! Gross! Zed's doing that lately too. Why do boys do that!?!?

7:11 PM, November 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Absolutely hilarious! I laughed out loud! Kendall is clever!!

8:35 PM, November 20, 2006 

Blogger Keshi had this to say:

LOL cute!

Keshi.

3:05 AM, November 21, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

hehehe you asked for it and he delivered the goods (Egads!) ;)

1:43 AM, November 22, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!