A letter to Kendell's Teacher
Friday, November 03, 2006

Dear Ms. First Year Fifth Grade Teacher,

Thank you for sending home Kendell's reading log yesterday. I have signed it and sent it back today as you requested.

However, you might notice that the reading log is, shall we say, a bit worse for wear. Evidently Buddy, our dog, was a bit peeved at being left out of the whole, reading for homework, loop and took some interest in Kendells log yesterday.

In the ensuing struggle between boy and dog over the homework, Buddy some how ingested some of it. Evidently reading does not agree with dogs and Buddy promptly gave it back to us, albeit in pieces. Please note that we did wipe it up as much as possible.

Kendell himself showed great ingenuity in taping together the remains of the reading log and using an iron to try and get rid of the wrinkles (that would be the burn marks you see).

I try to instill in Kendell the importance of turning in his homework despite all odds and was able to fill out what was readable and sign it for you.

I'm sure the smell of vomit will fade in time.

On the off chance that you feel the log is not readable as is, could you possibly send a new log home with Kendell?

I would greatly appreciate it and promise to keep it away from the dog, the iron, and any adhesive materials.

Sincerely,

Kendell's First Time Mother






19 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Holy Shit! That was funny. Someone else's dog ate their kids homework just recently.

Stupid cat chewed on my new kandinsky painting. Animals!

9:36 AM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger utenzi had this to say:

Michele sent me, KaraMia.

I don't know about this. Even with your embellishments on your son's behalf, it's still a tired old excuse. You're just putting a very artistic twist on it with the iron marks and nasty smells. When you get right down to it, my dog ate my homework just doesn't cut it. LOL Nice try tho.

9:52 AM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Utenzie, I swear on my favorite collection of Donnie Osmond Cd's that this is the truth..lol..no really!

10:12 AM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard had this to say:

Excellent post; I loved it.

Michele sent me here.

10:23 AM, November 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I love that the dog ate your kid's homework - and, looking at your profile that Practical Magic is one of your favourite movies. It's a PMS classic for me!!
Thanks for stopping by my site today.

10:50 AM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

giggle giggle SNORT!

11:25 AM, November 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hee! I hope you really sent that along. :)

12:02 PM, November 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ha!! Oh no!!

I noticed you live in Tacoma--very cool :) I'm getting ready to relocate to somewhere pretty near there in March. I'm pretty excited, I LOVE it up there!

Michele sent me.

12:59 PM, November 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That is hysterical! The poor teacher!

3:08 PM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Um, yeah right..your dog ate your homework.

:sniff: :sniff:

Woah...he REALLY did! EXCUSED! :)

7:23 PM, November 03, 2006 

Blogger Tina had this to say:

Hehe Sometimes it happens! Had a cat in high school that pissed on two of my school books. My punishment... couldn't exchange the book and there was about 2 months of school left. Yeah, I lost the book.

10:30 AM, November 04, 2006 

Blogger Bill C had this to say:

Wow. Just... wow.

"The smell of vomit" is a particularly nice touch.

1:20 PM, November 04, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

Funny! Buy him the T-shirt.

9:45 PM, November 05, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

That is too funny! Our dog at the Drama Queen's homework about a week or so ago. Glad I'm not the only one who's gone though this. LMAO

9:47 AM, November 06, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

I agree; great touch with the 'smell of vomit'.

11:30 AM, November 06, 2006 

Blogger nikki had this to say:

lol@'smell of vomit'. i actually had a whiff of that as i read it. *shivers*

i had no idea dogs really ate homework. i wonder if dogs eat bosses...

11:41 AM, November 07, 2006 

Blogger Beth had this to say:

It's true then!! Dogs really do eat homework!! Can I use that for why I don't have my self-review turned into work? LOL Great letter! :)

1:39 PM, November 08, 2006 

Blogger Michael had this to say:

Ok now that right there is funny!

6:22 PM, November 08, 2006 

Blogger Queen of Light and Joy had this to say:

OH MY LORD! Funniest letter ever and now as I finish reading this the post about Kendall sending the note to the teacher pretending to be you makes so much more sense.

5:33 PM, November 16, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!