Cross My Palm With Silver
Monday, October 30, 2006

Driving home from the pizza parlor, the bustle of Friday night streaming outside our car windows, I notice Kendell staring at his hands in the glow of oncoming headlights. Turning them over, studying them, his small brow furrowed in thought.

"Mom, can you read palms?"

"Of course" I said calmly, though this was the last question I expected to hear coming out of his mouth.

"What does my palm say?" he asks as he leans over so I can fully study the lines of his palms.

Pursing my lips in concentration I hem and haw for a few moments and then with a look of enlightenment I take his hand and point to one particularly strong line and say, "See this line here?"

"Uh huh" he says, concentrating fiercely on his hand.

"Well, this tells me about your future."

"Ok, what does it say Mom?"

"It says that you have an enormous task in front of you."

"What task Mom? Is it about being a policeman?" he asks hopefully.

"Well, no. This is a more immediate task.
From what I can see, it's telling me that you will be cleaning your room all weekend."

With a look of horror he snatches his hand back from me. I can see him out of the corner of my eye trying to rub out the line and I can hear him say in a faint, slightly sullen voice, "Nu uh. It doesn't say that."

I chuckle softly all the way home.






14 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

What is that? Is that horns sprouting from your head?

That is laugh out loud funny. I can't wait til I have kids. hehehe

10:17 AM, October 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Bwahahahaha!!!

11:12 AM, October 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh, now that is good!

Bwahahaha!

11:35 AM, October 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I love it!

11:51 AM, October 30, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

HA HA HA! You got him good!

2:43 PM, October 30, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

That is too funny! LOL

4:11 PM, October 30, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

OMG that was hysterical!! You Rock girl.
♥Pam

6:11 PM, October 30, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

LOL good one!

12:03 AM, October 31, 2006 

Blogger Bill C had this to say:

If he *doesn't* end up spending the weekend cleaning his room, will he check for a line change?
;-)

9:40 AM, October 31, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

3 words for you, my dear (and NO! they're NOT "straight to hell!").
Best Mom EVER!
this is just excellent and i hope i remember it when i need it!!!

12:14 PM, October 31, 2006 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

Ha! Love it. It's so much fun when they still believe.

4:37 PM, October 31, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

hehehe what a quick thinkin' sense of humor you have!

7:12 PM, October 31, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

that's classic. 20 years from now, you'll be offering to read his palm and he'll get a good laugh!

mlah

6:06 AM, November 01, 2006 

Blogger nikki had this to say:

that's one i'm gonna tuck away to use when i have my own kids...LOL

1:33 PM, November 02, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!