Monday Blahs
Monday, October 23, 2006

Why is it that I'm never sick when I want to be? Despite the fact that my house looks like a "before" picture for a home organization site and that I had to deal with several pre adolescent males this weekend...I am sadly able to drag my ample behind into work.

I don't want to be here, I am upset and grouchy and I'm going to make everyone else pay for the privilege of working next to my anti social self. I was late, had to get gas, nothing to wear, bad hair day, and then I went ahead and left my lunch in the car.

Lunch. In. The. Car.
Abort, Abort, Abort.
This means I have to WALK back up the hill to the parking garage...all so I can eat. Have you heard of anything more heinous? I say not.

Not to mention Hernando. Hernando is a giant zit that has taken up residence right below my left eyebrow.

It is so painful I cant even do this:

As you can imagine, this greatly limits my facial expressions because most of my expressions involve the image to the right. My eyebrow is an important tool in my emotion arsenal. It tells you when I'm surprised, when I think your full of it, and most importantly, it says, "Excuse You??" (my personal favorite)

So, while Hernando is visiting, I am sadly short of emotional cues and must go around saying stupid things like, "I feel..." Instead of just showing you my disdain with a lift of an eyebrow. Seriously, this is all too taxing for a Monday.

I'm about to pack up my bathing suit and fly to Tijuana with Hernando along as my pool boy.

yessssss, I think that's a much better way to spend a Monday.






6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm having one of those days too. Minus Hernando, but rather his sister, Consuela, the red-head. I want to hurt people.

2:06 PM, October 23, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

Thanks for the good belly laugh. Mama said there would be days like this.

3:47 PM, October 23, 2006 

Blogger Bill C had this to say:

Eye caramba! I *really* like the pouty picture. Plus that look seems easier on the eyebrows. Extra incentive to maintain it. The look, not the H-bomb. Plus (as you noted elsewhere - thanks!) with Halloween being imminent you could conceivably overwhelm the beast with 1/4" thick eyeshadow, glow in the dark being a fine choice. Or for a less caked-on solution you could maybe add some garnishment to Hernand'oh! and say it's part of a costume. Mask. Thingy.

Right. Not helping I know. Fine, take tomorrow off to recover.
;-)

7:19 PM, October 23, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That cracked me up. I'm sorry I'm laughing at the expense of your pain, but I just can't help it. I hope Hernando has gone away by now.

7:17 AM, October 24, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Must.be.more.creative.like.Kara.

I'm sorry you were having a tough day. I was super bitchy yesterday. I am glad the Hurricanes stay away from me but my back has been killing me lately.

I hope today is better.

9:23 AM, October 24, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

If Hernando doesn't mind, can I come with? I'll bring the Tequilla....

10:30 PM, October 24, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!