D-Day
Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Today is my hearing for the child support modification.
I woke up yesterday unable to face one more day of pretending this isn't tearing my insides up into finely shredded Kara innards. As I lay there in the dark, looking at the time and watching the minutes tick away from me, I came to a decision; I played hookie from work and kept Kendell home from school. We spent the day in pj's, sleeping in, and enjoying being home together.

It was a much needed break as I couldn't seem to focus on anything with the stress of this upcoming hearing looming over my head like a dark cloud. For a day I was just a Mom.

So today reality has hit me with a full frontal and Hernando and I must go too meet our fate. In my heart of hearts I know that regardless of the outcome, it doesn't change the fact that we will continue to receive nothing, even if it's a less nothing then previously, it still adds up to a big fat zero. It's the insult, the inconvenience of it all, that keeps me awake at night, worrying over things that I can not change.

So I pray for patience, for acceptance, I pray that I can maintain my dignity despite overwhelming odds...

and I pray that I can stretch this meeting out long enough that his lawyer has too charge him for overtime....
after all, it's the small things in life that give you pleasure.






5 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Good for you! Sometimes you just gotta say "F*ck it"!

I hope it goes well and I hope it lasts just long enough for you to feel better about it.

1:51 PM, October 25, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM, October 25, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

Oh I hope it all turned out well!! (and the bastard got charged tons of overtime!)

4:07 PM, October 25, 2006 

Blogger Just a trumpet player had this to say:

Sending lots of evil wishes his way...

Hoping things went as smootly as possible for you.

5:54 AM, October 26, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's the spirit! File your little heart away!

9:01 PM, October 27, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!