More Fun Then a Fistfull of Tacks!
Thursday, October 26, 2006

So my torture, I mean hearing, was yesterday. I would just like to say for the record that giving birth was WAY more enjoyable then that. In fact, any surgical procedure I have had would have been a better way to spend my Wednesday afternoon.

Alas, I went to the hearing instead.

I would like to say this to his lawyer, "Sir, your client feeds off the lowest rung of our society's ladder. While you may not feel your clientele reflects on your character, I however, know better".

His lawyer was predictably slimy and the hearing was more like a court hearing then I expected. I represented myself and this included having to make objections, question witnesses, and testify.

I like to think I am a strong, well spoken, and confident woman; yesterday that woman seemed take a hiatus and left Elmer Fudd in her stead.

I'm sure I'm being hard on myself, my sister thinks I did well but who knows for sure. One statement the lawyer made makes me nervous, which I'm sure was his intent, he said, "...Without divulging our strategy..."

Um, what strategy? Hello...We are here already!
What I really take that to mean is that they are planning on doing something else besides this modification request. To which I reply, "Come give it your best shot bastard. If you think I will roll over and play dead so that son of a bitch can hurt my son or myself, I'll see you confined to the seventh layer of hell first".

I find out the results next week by mail. Department of Social Services is requesting reduction to $140 a month, I would like to at least see $250, but who knows. I am fairly certain it will not be the $25 a month Dead Beat and his slime coated lawyer want but I am hoping it ends up higher then $140. The judge was very nice, the DCS lawyer seemed to be on my side, even if her recommendation was lower then I like, but in the end, I can only say I layed my best hand on the table and now fate and the Washington State Court System must make of it what they will.

I imagine his lawyer will appeal. Go for it Toad Boy, I sure hope you took your fee in advance.






12 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Well you did it! I'm proud of you. What was it like seeing him? You never talk much about him. And what court would stick you with the bill? There should be some sort of justice. Let us know how it turns out.

12:25 PM, October 26, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

He wasn't there, just his lawyer. He never shows to these things because he can't face me and still do this too me and his son. At heart he is a coward.

12:42 PM, October 26, 2006 

Blogger Just a trumpet player had this to say:

Sending really good vibes your way ... and devilish ones for the ex...

Where should I send that bottle of vodka ?

Hang in there ; you are stong. You can do it.

1:23 PM, October 26, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hey, I hope it all turns out well. I can't believe that he can pay you so little. Thanks so much for coming to my site! I will keep up to date with your now!
Bridie

7:16 PM, October 26, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

I hope things go your way, Hon. **crossing my fingers**

9:19 AM, October 27, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

At least it's over. Sigh.

3:30 PM, October 27, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Man, what a hassle. I hope everything works out and you get what you want. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

5:43 PM, October 27, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I am praying that the judge gives you $1,000 per month! No! A million dollars a month!

Really. I'm sure you did a fantastic job. I can't believe that Toad is requesting to only pay $25 per month! That's low. I'm sorry you have to deal with that creep.

8:59 PM, October 27, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

$25 ? That's a lot of gall.

Best of luck to you!

7:51 AM, October 28, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Hey...just saying "hey" and letting you know I'm thinking about you and this whole business.
Haven't commented lately 'cause I'm usually on a blog drive by from work...shhhhh, don't tell! ;0]
♥Pam

10:24 PM, October 28, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

You have guts and you should be proud of yourself. I admire you for sticking up for your son.

I dont care what anyone says...Child Support is Cheap at any price if your the one raising the child. I thought the courts served the best interest of the child. If they lower it then they are doing him/you a disservice.

7:21 PM, October 31, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

You are an incredibly strong person to face up to the idiocy around you. Your son has something more precious than smile-dude's money: you. You're priceless to him, and inspiring to the rest of us.

6:53 PM, November 06, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!