Is that a Ruler in Your Pocket or Are You Just Happy to See Me?
Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I think Ms. First Year Teacher has a case of KaraMia-itis. Yes, yes I do.

Kendell's conference is tonight. At our open house at the beginning of the school year we were invited to sign up for tonight.

What?
Two months in advance you ask?
Yes...Two.Months.

That should have been the first sign of a problem, yet I remained blissfully unaware.

Then there was the note home. "Sign and confirm you'll be there", it requests of me.
I do.

A few days later I get an email. "Ms. Kendell's Mother, will you be there?" it asks imploringly.

"With bells on" was my reply.

Another little note found it's way into my short man's back pack. "Please confirm" it pleaded with me.

I spurned it with my lack of response.

Then the emails started, cryptic little messages of inquiry, followed shortly by messages passed to me from my son, the unknowing pawn in this crazy little interlude.

Soon I got a phone call, "will you be there?" she asks sweetly.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! "Of course" I reply, "It's on my calendar." Her sigh is resplendent with relief at my answer.

I go tonight....and I'm telling you, if there's a bunny boiling on the break room stove, I'm so outta there!






6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

That's quite a build up, isn't it?

6:14 AM, November 22, 2006 

Blogger Tanis had this to say:

And I hate getting more than just one note from school on the same subject............

6:44 AM, November 22, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I would have stopped replying to her after the second time I confirmed I would be there. And then, at the conference, I would have had to discuss HER behavior with her. Ugh.

8:01 AM, November 22, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Good God!! She better have some entertainment and a buffet the way she's hounding you to attend! Cripes!!!

9:06 AM, November 22, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Gosh! She needs to relax but anyway:

Kara has a girlfriend, Kara has a girlfriend.

Yeah I'm feeling silly today.

9:06 AM, November 22, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Carrie,
You're lucky your not here cause that comment deserves a sock in the shoulder bucko..lol

3:33 PM, November 22, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!