Buddy's Campaign to Drive Me Insane
Monday, March 27, 2006

Terrorists the world over know that sleep deprivation over an extended period of time can break down the stoutest of soldiers. Can someone tell me how in the hell my dog figured this out?

On nights that we have not had the chance to walk him, or play with him properly, he makes me pay. Not the slumbering child in the next room...but ME. Provider of all doggy treats, ear scratches and walks (ie: dog pulling mom events).

Since I've been running like a energizer bunny lately, Buddy has been feeling neglected, as evidenced by the following examples:

Monday night, 5:00am: Single Bark....me: what? wait, was that a noise? snore...
5:05am: Single Bark...me:shit...the dog, if I lay still he wont bark again...My body is like a board.
5:09am: Single Bark...me:I'm ignoring you dog.
5.09am and 2 seconds, I'm drifting back to sleep.
5:20am I'm almost there...
5:20am and 5 seconds: Bark! Me: CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!
5:20am and 6 seconds: Wide Awake
I stumble out of bed, down the hall, manage to kick the washing machine, step on an army man and bang right into a wall that somehow moved since the night before. I get to the door, open it to find Buddy at the step, waiting...
I look at that adorable face and say without the slightest qualm
"I'm trading you in for a cat"

Repeat this every day this damn week.

And I used to complain about the gerbils...






7 Comments:
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills had this to say:

Buddy sounds like a sweetheart even though he "needs" a lot from you.

I'm here from Michele today!
I'd love to see a picture of Buddy...

4:19 PM, March 27, 2006 

Blogger SeeingDouble had this to say:

This is why I don't like dogs much. We have one, but it's the hubs' dog... and she and I have beef with each other from time to time. ;)

4:32 PM, March 27, 2006 

Blogger Dak-Ind had this to say:

we got fish.

hello from michele!

i havent visited you before, so dont mind me while i go peruse the remainder of your blog. so far so good!

1:09 PM, March 28, 2006 

Blogger barbie2be had this to say:

i know exactly what you mean. i have been suffering from only sleeping 3-4 hours per night for going on three months now. it isn't pretty.


here from michele's.

7:13 PM, March 28, 2006 

Blogger katehopeeden had this to say:

The first week and a half that I had Chica she woke up three to five times a night and needed to be taken out.
I couldn't get mad because she is like super tiny and so must have a super tiny bladder and having been pregnant, I never play down needing to pee.
The second week and a half, she would wake up at 5:45 and need to go out.
45 minutes before I HAVE to get up. 45!
Now, bliss.
She is sleeping through the night.
I love her :)
~K

11:55 AM, March 29, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You should really do something about those random men who evidently sleep in the floor at your house.

2:35 PM, April 04, 2006 

Blogger Mark had this to say:

Hahaha... funny post. :)

9:12 AM, April 12, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!