Let's Get Physical
Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It shames me to admit this, but I haven't been to the gym in almost six months.

Two weeks of missing the gym and it's like starting over.

six months....I might as well be dead and jazzersizing from the grave....argh.

So I throw on my workout sweats, pull my hair back in the obligatory pony tail and head off to my local YMCA. Before working out I take my little energy pills I like to use for the gym. I go ahead and pop two of them, even though I haven't used them in six months. This later will come to be my undoing.

I know it's going to be a long hour when we get started and my legs feel like rubber and my ass is asking why we are not sitting down and just enjoying this music. But, I have pride. I can't ever walk out of a class once I've begun it. Everyone else looks like they hate this as much as I and THEY are sticking it out. So I keep moving, up and down on that damn step. Legs resembling day old spaghetti and I'm looking like I just stepped outta the sauna.

Every few seconds I'm checking the clock like it's going to magically jump ahead 45 minutes and spare me some agony, but no...it seems to be moving in reverse.

Now I'm hot, sweaty, with noodle legs. My stomach is evidently feeling neglected because it chimes in that it's sick. Oh it's queasy. It wants to go home. My legs second this and my pores, well they are too busy drowning in bodily excretions.

Fifteen minutes to go and my stomach says yes, now would be a good time to visit the bathroom because those energy pills I took earlier, well they want the hell OUT.

So, my first day back to the gym was not the great comeback I had hoped for. Instead, I looked like a wet rag, had the energy of a slug, and vomited up the chicken salad I made for dinner last month.

I'm going again tonight...if I don't loose weight from the workout, at least I've got Bulimia to fall back on.






10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Washboard tum in 6 weeks? Good luck.

1:23 PM, March 21, 2006 

Blogger Tom had this to say:

Now thats a workout! I have resorted to just walking on the treadmill because when I run, my legs itch.

6:31 AM, March 22, 2006 

Blogger Sue had this to say:

Not to mention those sagging boobs that keep hitting me in the face :)

Here from Michele's

9:54 AM, March 22, 2006 

Blogger Rene had this to say:

Hi, Michele sent me.

I went to the gym yesterday after about a two week hiatus as well. I did 45 mins. on the elliptical machine. I was ready to quit after 25 mins. but I stuck with it. I was so glad to see it end. I particularly hate when the chick next to me is working harder and sweating less than me.

10:02 AM, March 22, 2006 

Blogger Sandy had this to say:

Ahh, yes. I've now missed I don't want to know how many weeks of the gym. I dread going back.

Thanks for coming over to my little spot of the web earlier today.

12:42 PM, March 22, 2006 

Blogger Purring had this to say:

I'm really not good at the whole aerobic exercise thing. I'm more of a weight lifter kinda person. A lot of times you get to sit when you do that! ;)

6:31 AM, March 23, 2006 

Blogger Jolie had this to say:

Who has time for the gym? I need to build one in my backyard to make it easier for me to get to. Thanks for visiting my site yesterday!

6:52 AM, March 23, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

What matters is you're pushing yourself to get back in the groove. You'll make it. I just know.

3:52 PM, March 24, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ugh :( And that's why I don't bother with workouts and heavy exercise lol But I do give you a lot of credit for the effort, it's a heck of a lot more than I would go through for a tight butt, and you will probably look better than me in the end! LOL

Anyhow, I hope it gets better for you, or that you at least lost a few pounds for that ordeal! {hugs}

Here from Michele's tonight!

5:04 PM, March 24, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi - thanks for stoping by my blog via Michele's.

I had a good chuckle at your back to the gym story. I haven't been for nearly a year (long story - very sick, surgery, etc.) anyway, I am now ready to get to the gym again. Noodle legs and sweaty pores here I come!

5:37 PM, March 24, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!