Curiosity Killed the...
Thursday, January 04, 2007

I have a good male friend that has been pushing me to try a online dating service he has been using. Evidently he feels he shouldn't be the only one out there with his ass end hanging in the wind, he's gotta drag me along for company.

Out of desperation and a fear that I might "lose it if I don't use it" soon, I went ahead and posted a profile. I was PAINFULLY honest and rather short winded (which we know is unusual).

I submitted my profile for approval and clicked on my matches that the happy little button told me I had, with a feeling that was strangely reminiscent of the day I walked out of the bathroom at school only to realize that my dress was tucked into my underwear. I get about half way down the first page when I see someone familiar.
It's Kendell's flag football coach.

I shoot a quick look over at Kendell who had been sitting beside me watching t.v.. Sure enough, he had already seen the picture and had a ear splitting grin etched firmly place.
"Oh Mom. You got to click on it! Click on it! Click on it!" he chanted.

I clicked on it and discovered that...well, yeah, we match. Funny. Then thoughts of how he would play my son more if I dated him flitted through my brain, only to be interrupted by the panic invoked at Kendell's next gleeful sentence.

"Oh I'm gonna tell his son at school!" chortled Kendell. I could see the plans for mayhem flitting behind his devilish eyes.

One bowl of ice cream and several threats later I got his word that he would not tell the coach's son about this.

Kendell wanders off to guard his xbox from his electronic threatening mother and leaves me alone with the computer. I chuckle self righteously about seeing someone I knew, conveniently forgetting that, HELLO, I am on the site too. That's when it hit me, the Coach is a paying member, and unlike my cheap skate butt, he can see who views his profile.

OH MY GOD.

I'm afraid Kendell can no longer attend any flag football practices due to acute mother embaressmentitis.






21 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Kendell is something else!

But that you already knew. I loved online dating. Adam was on it and told me to do it. Of course we were each other's top pick. Should've figured that out right away. I've met tons of great guys on there. A few weird ones and only one bad guy. I would do it again in a heart beat if something were to happen with Adam and I. It was a little tough on me because I am so shy but I got the hang of it. Actually Jerm was one I met, so I made friends with him and Andia out of it.

I would really take Kendell's stuff away if he tells. It is pretty damaging really.

2:02 PM, January 04, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Aw man, when my sister & her boyfriend of 8 years broke up last year, one (drunk) night I convinced her to set up a (free) profile. We had SO much fun! And when the replies began rolling in? That would be our Saturday night entertainment!!

Ha! I'd love to get on the site, w/mister, and see if we end up together in cyberspace.

3:36 PM, January 04, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

As long as you followed my "rules" of online dating and didn't post any nudie pics, you are safe. LOL!

And as I've said, I'm sooooo glad Pman and I are together and I don't have to do that. I've posted pictures of what is available for us in this area, and most of it isn't pretty. However, that does make for fun on the nights we are sitting around drinking. LOL!

Good luck.

And I know that excitement that overcame Kendall. It is the same excitement that DT and his best friend got when the best friend's dad became single again a few months ago. Only with teens it is amplified.

3:58 PM, January 04, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

is it bad that i'm laughing my ass right off? probably not bad for my ample ass, i'm sure.

:)

is it still flag football season? could be fun to see who blushes the most at the next game *smile*

5:34 PM, January 04, 2007 

Blogger Keshi had this to say:

LMAO! :)

To be honest I hate dating sites on the net..I can never bring myself to do it. Dun ask me why!

Keshi.

6:43 PM, January 04, 2007 

Blogger Tina had this to say:

Funny!!! So you bribed him not to tell but it doesn't matter in the end, he'll know anyway. Good thing you didn't use money in the bribe! Did you?

J and I met through match.com, long time ago. hehe

8:06 PM, January 04, 2007 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

Well, you know my online dating experiences...at the very least, it's great blog fodder.
Just enjoy it (and give Kendall a high-5 for me. LOL)

6:34 AM, January 05, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

OMG, that's hilarious! You are so busted.

7:53 AM, January 05, 2007 

Blogger Callie had this to say:

Don't you dare pull your son from flag football for that!!!!

I think it's kinda cute, actually.

And who knows? If you guys really are a "match", then it might be worth it. If not, who else (except us, natch) is gonna know?

3:43 PM, January 05, 2007 

Blogger Michael had this to say:

Ok that right there is funny!

4:09 PM, January 05, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

The guy might not even realize it's you. The next time you take your son to football run by the coach with a flag hanging out your back pocket. If he runs after you and goes for the flag you know it's a match. If he looks at you like your crazy you can just keep running.

10:07 PM, January 05, 2007 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

We will NEED to know the ending of all this 'OHMYGOD'. LOL.

7:58 AM, January 06, 2007 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

This sounds very interesting...did you leave him a comment?

8:35 PM, January 06, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

well now you have to go out with him. It's the only way to save face!

And we want all of the details, of course!

11:41 PM, January 06, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have always liked online dating. It's kind of fun. I met "Baron" that way (my significant other of 1 year!).

As for the football coach, don't worry about it. Is he cute? Go for it.

J.

7:38 AM, January 07, 2007 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Hello? It has been four days since your last post. I need my Kara fix.

8:48 AM, January 08, 2007 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

Technology giveth, and technology taketh away. On the plus side, you could become a holy terror on the gridiron.

9:50 AM, January 08, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Why I'm thinking of "Sleepless In Seattle" I have no idea, but you *could* blame it all on some unspecified child if things get awkward.
;-)

10:25 AM, January 08, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I online dated once...and ended up getting married...

Don't do it!!! ;)

Steve~

12:16 PM, January 08, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

HA HA HA! That's too damn funny! But hey, you never know. Online dating worked for me!

9:33 PM, January 11, 2007 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Once a week bloggers...oh poo!

9:22 AM, January 16, 2007 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!