Weekend Hook Up
Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh the joy of internet at home. Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas to me!

This weekend I had internet installed at home again. Something I had discontinued a year ago to save money. Instead I relied on my internet connection at work to spread my verbal seed forth. (Quite a visual that line is...Isn't it.)

Unfortunately for me, work has declared all blogs marked as blogspot.com as evil, sex addicted, miscreants and I can no longer visit your blogs at work....the sadistic bastards! I have not spurned those of you I love...nor those of you that I just want to smooch, but instead have been put on restriction like a promiscuous teenager. Blogger birth control if you will...

However, it forced me to dig deep....ok, not that deep, and become linked into the Borg again. (Yes, that was a Star Trek the Next Generation reference...deal with it). So early Saturday morning, no make up, and afro head early, the cable guy came out to hook me up. Alas he only hooked up the internet...the rest of me is still un hooked, might have been the raccoon eyes from yesterdays mascara and my Shirly Temple on crack look...but I'm just guessing here.

I excitedly link up and check out my blog, something I haven't been able to view for almost two weeks. Metaphorically I crack my knuckles, getting ready to dig in and post my first at home post. The cursor is blinking, my fingers are on the keys and I'm ready to go. I'm so primed to burst you would think I had been watching cinamax after dark.

I sit there some more and type a few experimental strokes onto the screen. Yup, fingers work.

Tap, Tap, Tap, the space bar seems fine...

Hmmmm, maybe I need to check my email, I think to myself.

Ten seconds later I'm back to a blank screen that blinks at me in laughter at my failure to perform.

There's no denying it. I can't think of a damn thing worth typing about.

All weekend my muse is out shopping while I'm at home trying to fan the flames of creativity.

I don't visit blogs, I don't write...I stare at the screen and curse blogger for draining my brain into a limp tool.

Until today...today I can write, albeit a bit stutteringly, but I write.
Why you ask?
I'm at work... evidently I can only get down to business...when I'm at a business.

I'm going home tonight to cruise blogs since I sent all my shortcuts from work to my home computer. I may not be verbose at home but I can lurk on your blogs like the cyber stalker I am.






9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Star Trek reference??? ---swoon---

4:39 PM, December 18, 2006 

Blogger Michael had this to say:

I'm not sure I could survive without Internet access... I'm pretty sure I'm addicted!

10:45 PM, December 18, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Glad you got the hook up!

6:00 AM, December 19, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

My life revolves around the internet. I am an addict. I rush back to the computer if I've been away too long.

You will most likely get over your writers block.

Lovely post about unpacking the ornaments. Traditions are the glue that holds us all together, no?

I posted about my tribulations with the holiday season and followed it up with a video.
I'm just that weird.
♥Pam

7:21 AM, December 19, 2006 

Blogger Callie had this to say:

I've had writer's block for about 3 months now. So I totally understand. I also understand the whole work reference. We were told "no recreational internet use" at our last all-staff. yippee. I sneak every once in awhile, but for the most part, I can only surf at home.

Wah.

Enjoy the hook-up!

12:19 PM, December 19, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

I'll blog at home when they quit boring me to tears here.
[evil laughter for the evil bastards]

12:21 PM, December 19, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh I know what you mean. One of these days we will be the Borg.

12:27 PM, December 19, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Sweet! You're all hooked up now! *clapping* Welcome back to the real world.

12:54 PM, December 20, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

So you didn't get a "hook up"? Shame on you for leading us on like that.

You site looks fine now but I even had problems at home on your site. Guess all is well.

1:51 PM, December 20, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!