Rain Gear
Friday, December 29, 2006

Driving home from the dog park, the smell of dirty, wet, dog swirles around me and Kendell.
Buddy moves from the back seat and plants his front paws on the console between our seats, presenting his furry derriere for the viewing pleasure of any driver lucky enough to be behind us. He moves forward as if peering at the traffic ahead of us, mapping out our route home.

As the light changes and I accelerate, he moves back out of my vision before I have the chance to tell him. Instead he now hangs his head over the back of Kendells seat. I glance over and see Kendell look at Buddy. It's a slow measuring look as he takes in the position of Buddy's hanging tongue and the intermittent plop of saliva that hang glides from it. Buddy moves over Kendell's head to see out that window and I watch as Kendell painstakingly pulls his hood up and over his head while watching that silently swaying drop of dog spit that teases from the end of Buddy's tongue.

I can't stop the laugh that bubbles out as he turns and looks at me.

"What??" he says.
"This is easier then making him move."
I laugh but concede his point. I just imagine what the people in other cars must see as we go past...






3 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Another classic Kendell moment. I would have probably done the same thing.

1:02 PM, December 29, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It's obvious who wears the pants ... er ... collar in this household.

5:43 PM, December 29, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

LOL! Sometimes that is indeed easier. Ewww, dog drool!

You've been tagged!

11:58 AM, December 30, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!