The Day from HELLLLLL
Friday, October 06, 2006

See, told yah I was going to Hell. I just didn't expect the Express bus to run my sorry butt down.

Yesterday I get to work hoping my check card is on the floor where I'm pretty sure I dropped it.

NOPE

Bad feeling here, very bad. I call the bank and there are already two charges. So I take care of that mess but my head is distinctly elsewhere as I go through the motions of work. I just want to go home, throw on some favorite pj's and plow myself into oblivion with my favorite ice cream..or perhaps a coke and whiskey, or several...Whichever.

3:10 the phone rings. It's Kendell's school

That little voice that told me all was not right with my check card, yah, it's back. I know he's in trouble. At this point if there was some way to avoid answering that phone I would have. I would have lied down and broke my own leg in order to not answer that phone; no such luck, they'll just track me down at the hospital.

I pick up the call feeling like I'm the one in trouble and listen to the vice principal spell out Kendell's nefarious crime.
Seems some girl decided calling Kendell's mother a whore was a good idea. Kendell then thought popping said girl in the eyeball was an equally good idea.

*sigh*

Long story short, girl in trouble for foul mouth, Kendell suspended for a day for hitting her.

I believe offering him up for sale is not an option at this moment. His stock value has just plummeted.

I get home from work and make him tell me the details. When he is done I ask him,
"Kendell, do you know what a whore is?"
"Um..hmmm... I think it's when your mean and nasty, yell alot, and nobody likes you." (ouch, sounds a tad bit closer to home then i'd like)
"Huh, yah, not quite."
I then explain to him in a "G" rated version of what a whore is. I think if the word is being used, he is better off knowing the real meaning.
"Now Kendell, based on that definition, am I a whore?"
"Oh NO Mommy!"
"There's no way. You've never even slept with another man since my daddy!." (this is the same father that hasn't been around for 11years)
*cough, cough, choke*
"You're right Kendell, you're absolutely right!"

Hell has my torture cell all picked out for me dontcha think?






12 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Hell I'd smack that b*tch too for calling my mom a whore. I am the only one that can do that. Actually in middle school I got inhouse suspension for hitting a girl that called my mother a b*tch to her face.

Oh wait...violence is not the answer. Kendall should also know that it is never right to hit a girl. And if he feels that angry he should just walk away. :)

You haven't been with anyone in 11 years? LOL

11:15 AM, October 06, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Okay, he was wrong for hitting the girl. But, aren't you just a little bit proud of him for sticking up for you? ;)

11:20 AM, October 06, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

carrie, we had the whole"though shall not hit girls" speech...believe me.
and 11 years...um...we shall plead the fifth as my son may read this blog when he is older..lol. in fact, in that case, Kendell your mother is as good as a Nun!

Fickle, I would have rather he stood up to her by telling a teacher so I could have avoided being called to the principals office..sigh

11:39 AM, October 06, 2006 

Blogger November Rain had this to say:

hi from michelle

12:22 PM, October 06, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

lies for good causes are okay. Not scaring your child by telling him the details of your sex life falls in that category.

At least, that's the line I've been using, so go with it.

1:00 PM, October 06, 2006 

Blogger Just a trumpet player had this to say:

Well, you now know for sure your boy will defend you no matter what ! Hum...

And when life is hell, remember that some things in life are worst than everything : Pink Popcorn and Strawberry milk. That's what I grew up thinking anyway...

Have a great weekend !

3:20 PM, October 06, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

I admire you for telling him what the true definition of that bad word is.

How or why a girl would even say that is bothersome and downright crude.

I don't promote violence but I would have a hard time being upset with him.

12:17 AM, October 08, 2006 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

Hmm, those conversations are hard. Do you go with honesty or do you lie? It's like the Santa Claus dilemma, only with obscenities instead of cookies and milk.

5:01 PM, October 09, 2006 

Blogger Jodi had this to say:

Stop by my blog if you can, to see pics of my crew.
J.

6:43 PM, October 09, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh no! He was defending your honor! And what girl calls someone's mother a whore? What a little tramp! Skank! Hoochie Momma!

7:35 PM, October 09, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Until we teach them that hitting is not the answer to all things that upset us, its what they do. I'm glad you were able to talk to him.

But he was defending his mom. Sort of hard not to get mad, even a little bit. LOL

11:00 AM, October 10, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

I feel your pain regarding the whole vice principal thing. :(

It just sucks that kid's even have to HEAR that word, let alone know what it means. When I was 11, I was still playing with Barbies and watching cartoons. Now, the "bad stuff" is everywhere.

I wanna live in a G-rated world, damnit! :)

P.S. I love Kendell!

6:28 PM, October 10, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!