Apologies
Monday, September 18, 2006

Update: I was granted a continuance in order to submit more paperwork as well as an in person hearing. I should be receiving the new date and location in the next few weeks. Chalk one up for just plain ol stubbornness.

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately and my neglect of your blogs. It's been a rough few months and I haven't been very good company(just ask Kendell). The child support hearing is tomorrow and I am expecting a continuance because I am requesting an "in person" hearing vs the phone hearing they have scheduled for me.

A couple reasons for this, one, I didn't receive the full packet of paperwork until September 8th requesting all my information. This packet let me know some of my rights, which include calling a witness as well as providing additional information about important things, such as the house fire and our losses, as well as the grief counseling costs for Kendell and costs for his ADD. Secondly, If we meet in person...at the very least..even if they reduce The losers child support payment to $25 a month like he is requesting....He will still have to pay his attorney more money to attend a meeting in person....Yes, I am wicked. But I'm ok with that.

The reality is being angry at Kendell's father for his actions is like being angry at the wind. I can blow and bluster, I can cry and rant, but the wind is still the wind and my actions have no effect on him what so ever.

Money is really tight and I'm coming into the holiday season with nothing extra. Kendell's birthday is next month, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving and some family birthdays followed by Christmas. November is also the month mom went into the hospital. This time of year has stopped being a good one for me and I try to recapture some joy every year but fail each time.

I'm sure a better person would be able to reach beyond this moment and hold onto the small joys. I'm trying but my reach is a bit short right now.

So hang in there with me. My sense of humor is still here, just a bit darker then usual. Forgive my lack of attention to your blogs, I'll be around, I promise.

I'm going to be reaching into the past for some blog fodder. Sometimes the past is a warm knit blanket on a dark and cold winter morning.

I plan on doing some snuggling up here in the near future.






11 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

A better person? Shyeah. With all that's on your plate? You're doing just fine. Hang in there, do the things that comfort you (preferably free things), and be good to yourself and your boy.

1:36 PM, September 18, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

Hey isn't 25bucks too little for child support????

HUGS

7:33 PM, September 18, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

I agree with Gypsy you are doing fine. I hope that everything turns out well for you and your son at this hearing.

8:48 PM, September 18, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Sounds to me like you're doing a hell of a lot and your efforts are admirable. Good luck with it all and try not to loose that sense of humour.

9:50 PM, September 18, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Sorry you're having such a hard time. :(

Good luck with the child support hearing!

10:34 PM, September 18, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Oh don't worry about us. We will stick around. We like you Kara, we really, really like you.

We all go through hard times and we step away from our blogs. It lets us know that you need to sort things out but remember that it is also therapy to get things out. You don't need to worry about being perky for us. Just be yourself.

Good luck on the hearing. You will be in my thoughts today.

8:42 AM, September 19, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

I'm thinking of you today and wishing you the best of luck!

9:23 AM, September 19, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

i'm hoping this will post. for some reason, not all my posts are going through :(

YEA YEA YEA on your continuance!!!!!

i'm thinking of you (and kendell too)

7:28 AM, September 20, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

What an excellent, devious mind you have. I'm proud of you. Hang in there. The wind is still the wind, but if you can harness the wind and make it work for you, you'll be all the better.

8:29 AM, September 20, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

You go girl!

9:28 AM, September 20, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Hmmmm, should I post this or not? Well, if you like the idea, you have the power to remove this comment and I, for one, will never tell!!
Okay, here goes.
Take out an insurance policy on his father in your son's name. People do it all the time. That way it's not in your name. Wait six months or so, and then let me know. I know some people, who know some people who are people you might like to know that might like to help you out!
No shit.
Really.
I certainly don't wish anyone dead. But....I'm just saying.
;0]
♥Pam

6:59 AM, September 21, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!