Little Pieces
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I found out that a good friend of my mother passed away this weekend. Sometimes it feels like I am living in a season of death, so many have gone these last few years.

Each time I lose someone connected to my mother, it feels like little pieces of her are falling away. Soon, I will be left with this incomplete puzzle that only those who knew her could fill in. A once full table slowly emptying, each member fading away with time.

I can not keep all of her memories together, though I scramble to remember each and every story. I remember groaning each time she would begin a tale that I had heard before...now I strain to remember her words, the tone of her voice...

She is drifting away from me before I am ready, all these little pieces...slipping away.






3 Comments:
Blogger Walking Barefoot had this to say:

I do hope you can find another way to remember and keep the pieces from slipping away. Visiting from Michele's.

10:38 AM, April 11, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Awww..... ((hugs))... I will have to read your archives and find out what happened, but I can only imagine how you must feel.

Now I'm all teary.

11:00 AM, April 11, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

i feel the same way about my parents. old age sucks so bad.

mlah

7:24 PM, April 12, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!