Crazy Motorist
Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm not a morning person, not even close. The drive to daycare then to work is always frantic because evidently, time runs backwards in the morning..who knew? This morning, as I'm stopped at a light waiting to turn left, I hear honking just as my light changes. I look over next to me and there is this man in a truck pointing at my car. Admittedly, it's early, I'm not at my brightest, but I don't get what he's saying. He continues to speak to me through his window with cars piling up behind us. I finally get the bright idea to roll mine down because he might be telling me that I ran over a small child and am at this moment pulling the toddler along behind me....one never knows when one might commit vehicular assault in the morning unawares...I mean, I haven't had coffee yet, it could've happened.

So I get my window down and make the universal gesture for "HUH??" and he says something else, gestures wildly at my car and then leaves.

Yes, you heard me, he leaves.

So now, not only did I miss my light, opened my window to a stranger, but am left here, idling, wondering what the hell is attached to my vehicle and should I move it.

Well, the car behind me helped with the moving decision and I take my left and pull over asap to assist whatever small being I may have mauled.

There is nothing....I repeat...NOTHING. No flat tire, no seatbelt hanging out my door making pretty sparks, no small child shrieking for me to "for the love of GOD" stop pulling them along..NOTHING.

I'm a bit deflated here, I mean, I was expecting something to be wrong.
Most people don't pull up next to you honking and wildly gesticulating unless you have something wrong...or perhaps, done something wrong.

So I get back into my vehicle and rehash the morning drive. I dropped Kendell off at daycare and took my usual route to the street this man decided to befuddle me on. I wasn't speeding (surprising I know) didn't cut anyone off (this morning at least), brake lights are working...I'm confused.

I'm left with the conclusion that this man thinks I did something but didn't have the big hanging ones to say it to my rolled down window.

I'm betting he wouldn't have put on such a show if I were a man. What do you think??






5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Of course he's a crazed motorist. and of course he wouldn't have done it if you were a guy. I am sure of it. I've only been doing auto accident law for 17 years now....nothing surprises me anymore! Michele sent me.

10:34 AM, April 18, 2006 

Blogger Eric had this to say:

He was probably choking and needed the Heimlich maneuever. When you didn't respond, he drove off to someone who would help him.

People are weird. Keep the doors locked and the windows shut.

12:28 PM, April 18, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

Thanks for dropping by!

Lick your lips!

4:03 PM, April 18, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

How did you know that your brake lights were working?

8:18 AM, April 25, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

anonymous,
I got to work and asked someone to look while I used them....it's a great method for double checking...teamwork, works everytime

8:30 AM, April 25, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!