Weekend here I come
Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm feeling a little deflated today. It's been a hell of a week. First the daycare fiasco, then add in my cold that I'm still working through and then the hassle of trying to find a new daycare and then the worry about my sons test results to determine if he has a learning disability. the new daycare is going to be about forty five extra dollars a month(ouch), I went to the docs to get a regular prescription refilled and he took my temp and I was almost at 101 (and here I was thinking I was on the upswing) and I have two ear infections. I left with THREE prescriptions...LOL. And today I went to the school to go over the results.

Good news is that Kendell scored average on most everything. He scored high on verbal communication and language skills as well as speed and comprehension. However he scored low on Audible memory and math expression. The alarming one is the memory, it was very low. However, this is not unusual for a child with ADD. So, the outcome is he does not need an IEP but will be getting additional help on these areas.

So I've been doing a lot of soul searching and I'm just emotionally exhausted. Exhausted but also optimistic. Change is never easy, but often it's for the better. I think a lot of my anger at the daycare center was also guilt that I hadn't pulled him out sooner. So I'm letting go of these things that I can not change. I'm letting go of the worrying about whether Kendell has a learning disability and focus on the measures we are taking to make him successful. I am letting go of the anger and disappointment I have with his daycare provider and I am going to go home and rest.

I will spend a day bullshitting with an old friend and cuddle my sweet baby boy that will soon be too big for such things. I am going to go toss a soggy tennis ball for the furry dog monster and I am going to unclench my jaw if I have to take a crow bar to it.

Here's wishing you a weekend full of satisfied tummies, nose kisses and lazy Sunday mornings.






7 Comments:
Blogger Sandy had this to say:

I think your soul searching has led to an amazingly healthy outcome - letting go of what you can not control. It's not easy, but it's an incredibly wise, healthy goal.

Here via Michele.

1:03 PM, February 17, 2006 

Blogger The Mistress of the Dark had this to say:

Enjoy all the little things this weekend. Here from Michele's :)

1:43 PM, February 17, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

take three prescribed meds and 2 tylenol and call me in the morning.....have a good weekend! from micheles

1:43 PM, February 17, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

I think you're a great Mom for the way you feel your way through all the little and not-so-little decisions of parenthood.

We all learn by reading you.

4:37 PM, February 17, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

It is amazing what consumes your thoughts when you have kids... what did we think about before kids?? hard to remember... here via micheles

4:51 PM, February 17, 2006 

Blogger Viamarie had this to say:

You really sound stressed out today by worrying about what's coming up. Remember, your body was designed to handle one day at a time. Worrying acts like a magnifying glass - everything starts to look bigger than it really is. Putting tomorrow in God's hands and doing what you can today is the best way to wipe out worry.

Cheers from Michele. Hope you feel better.

5:00 PM, February 17, 2006 

Blogger Morris had this to say:

I hope you find that rainbow you have been searching for!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

3:10 PM, February 18, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!