Soap Boxes
Friday, February 03, 2006



So I was visiting blogs the other day and stopped by Abstract Utopias blog. I like to leave comments when I visit. In fact, this is just a dastardly plot to entice other people to come see my site and leave comments. I know...evil of me.

However, I only leave comments that I truly mean. That's where I get into trouble...I insert foot into mouth...often.

Have you ever had something you felt strongly about and someone starts talking about it? Heck, they don't even have to be talking about it exactly, they can just touch on it, talk about something like it, maybe look at you funny, and BAM, you're off and running to your soap box.

Or maybe it's just me.

I not only hopped onto my soap box in Utopias blog, I jumped up and down on it and broke it into tiny little soap box pieces. You can read my rantings here. Utopia was commenting on the economic state of the union with Walmart as an example....um, I was commenting on how the state encourages state assistant users to keep on assistance while not helping out those whom help themselves. Yea..uh, see? Same topic really..(cough, cough).

Sadly, I know this will not be the last time I publicly embarrass myself. I imagine there is much soul baring in store for me and much more parental embarrassment for my wee little one. So be it. My parents caused me endless teenage angst, it is my solemn duty to pass on this time honored tradition.

So to Utopia, kudos for a well written blog and apologies for my manic rantings that really had nothing to do with what you were talking about. I'd wash my mouth out with soap but the soap is currently in a box...the one I stand on...and I seem to still have need for it.



Loud, brash, opinionated...yup, glad to meet ya.






11 Comments:
Blogger srp had this to say:

Here from Michele.
Don't worry about the soapbox thing. I have done this too. Mostly mine happen when someone unfairly overgeneralizes something in a very hateful manner. That sentence made my head hurt so I think I'll just shut up for now. Nice to meet you.

PS: I just read through your tribute to your mother. So sorry for your loss, so happy you have great memories. I'm sure she would be proud of this piece.

9:57 AM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger Karen had this to say:

Well, they are called comments and not "comments in which you only agree with me...", right? I think if someone posts something political, then everyone has the right to comment as they wish. I posted something on Sunday and was surprised by the number of people that disagreed with me, but that is their perogative.

Here via Michele's!

9:59 AM, February 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Here via Michele's! I was doing just fine until I went down further and read the tribute to your mom...now I'm crying! I lost my mom 21 years ago this coming Sunday....maybe I will do a post to her as well.
Great blog!

10:51 AM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger pantrygirl had this to say:

Karamia,

You should plan a trip to Hyde Park, London and check out the soap box Sundays.

There is a section of the park called 'Speaker's corner' and anyone can stand up and speak there mind on anything and everything.
It can get lively.

Sent by Michele. :-)

10:54 AM, February 03, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Congratulations on a wonderful blog. I so agree with all the comments on Wal-Mart. They are building a new Super Wal-Mart kitty corner from their present store. We have been promised the old store will not remain empty. Anyone want to place a bet on that?

Here by way of Michele and promise to come back to read more.

11:44 AM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Comments are fine as long as you weren't rude, insulting or vulgar. You're allowed to disagree.

As for your comments, the law states that all welfare recipients are REQUIRED to be working within 6 weeks of filing, and you can only collect for 2 years.

2:54 PM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger Maggie Lamarre had this to say:

I'm sorry about your loss and feel your heartache.
Maggie
Via Michele

3:04 PM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Ah, my friend does work....long enough to keep her benies then she gets fired or leaves and goes back to school to be retrained for something else...

5:02 PM, February 03, 2006 

Blogger Earl had this to say:

I've done the same thing on other blogs. No one said you had to agree with the post - so stay on that soapbox! By the way, I couldn't agree more with what you said.

9:29 AM, February 04, 2006 

Blogger Purring had this to say:

We all do what we must to get by. Kudos to those of us who do it on our own! That means you my dear!

6:11 AM, February 07, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Don't worry about soap boxes while on my blog. I quite often find myself jumping up and down upon them myself. Then I catch myself and have to write several posts of non-sense just to make up for it.

Feel free to rant all you like on the comments of my blog, I'm not easily offended, even by people who swear at me vigorously.

1:09 PM, February 08, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!