The Package
Monday, June 18, 2007

It’s a beautiful day for a baseball game
The sky is clear and blue
It’s warm and balmy out
The people are laughing, everyone enjoying the day
and its dollar beer and hot dog night…can’t beat that

I have dragged my friend along for this game, knowing the idea of dollar beers was just to tempting to resist…even if what she did know about baseball couldn’t fill a shot glass.

We sat there under the late afternoon sun, sipping beer that tastes like watered down pee
Bullshitting with the army guys around us
Critiquing the players butts, you know, girl talk

She leans towards me, the smell of hops floating on her breath
“Oh my God Kara! Look at that guys….”
“That guys what?” I ask
“You know….” She responds with the wiggling of eye brows and a few non subtle hand gestures

I glance at the player she is indicating, noticing the distinct bulge in the area of his baby maker
I have to laugh
I turn to her, “It’s a cup” I announce
“Cup? What’s a cup?”
“Girl, your little boy is in deep trouble when he’s old enough to play sports. A cup is a piece of athletic equipment designed to protect a man’s package.”
“Ohhhhh” she says, the beer making her inspection of the player seem something akin to an old man checking out a young buxom beauty.
“Come on,” I say “did you really think they managed to find EIGHT well endowed men to play baseball??”
pause
“One can dream can’t she?”






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

LMAO!

Too funny!

Oh, and I love the tidbit about her checking him out like an old man checks out a young, hot chick. Boy, I've seen that look before. LOL!

7:14 AM, June 19, 2007 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

LOL! Holy Crap! That is too funny.

8:26 AM, June 19, 2007 

Blogger Augs Casa had this to say:

perverts!!! HA HA HA

I disliked being oogled when I played in college....NOT!

9:53 AM, June 19, 2007 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

I love baseball and the view is delectable as well ;)

9:31 PM, June 24, 2007 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!