It's in the Blood
Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Kendell and I are getting our favorite bagels at the local shop Saturday. Standing in line to pay way too much for wads of dough (oh I am funny aren’t I) I fall into the no man lands of line boredom.
“Mom,” Kendell looks up at me while poking at his incisors with his finger.

“Why are these teeth so sharp and pointy?”

I look down at him pretending to give this question great consideration while the gears in my head start whirring madly and the “get your kid back” alert is echoing down the caverns of my brain.

Deadpan, I sigh and say, “Well, I wasn’t going to tell you this yet, but when you turn 16 you’re going to turn into a vampire.”

“Nu uh,… really?” he asks

Ignoring the look of disapproval from the Barbara Bush wannabe behind me, I leaned in confidentially and said, “Soon as you start craving blood, just you let me know.”

With that I straightened up, paid for our bagels and took my little Vlad out to the car.

Authors Note: I also had “fangs” till about eighth grade, surprisingly no one ever wanted me to give them hickeys…






8 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

You evil, evil woman you!

10:58 AM, June 12, 2007 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

I love messing with my kids' heads! lol

3:51 PM, June 12, 2007 

Blogger Callie had this to say:

That was priceless!!!!

Hubby and I both mess with the children's heads. They are going to be so messed up when they get older . . .

8:17 AM, June 13, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh, I give you some serious high fives for coming up with that so quickly! Love it!

8:22 AM, June 13, 2007 

Blogger Troubles Braids had this to say:

Cute, but I really think you needed to freak out the Barbara Bush wannabe more.

11:06 AM, June 13, 2007 

Blogger Michael had this to say:

Great answer! Being a vampire would be totally cool, assuming you could avoid sunlight and being staked... ;-)

11:19 AM, June 13, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Eh, the Barbara Bush wannabe needs to go suck a lemon.

10:00 PM, June 15, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Vile!

7:47 AM, June 17, 2007 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!