It's Official...I Am NOT A Virgin!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Yes, I have found a man.

He’s mine. I've bought and paid for him with coupons out of the lonely hearts club flyer. Mama said coupon clipping would save me a lot of money sooner or later…..now I can stop going to get milk when I have a jug already in the fridge, just so I can ogle the cute clerk.

Um

Hmmmm

Actually,…..O.K., I can stop…but really, will I???.

Let’s see, what can we call my guy? I’m up for suggestions because throwing down his real name would be tantamount to waving a red flag in the face of the bull we call fate. In fact writing this down in the blogverse is giving me the heebie jeebies of impending doom.

Did you hear that? I believe it was the earth’s core cracking…

O.K. FINE…

Here are some details.

We met online…yes, I know...lame. However, it was NOT at a dating site. The first time we met was for a drink and he showed up with flowers….FLOWERS. I was with Kendell’s father for two years, gave birth to his son, and got flowers ONCE.
I’ve been with….you know who...for a month and have gotten flowers TWICE. I don’t know about you, but the math works better for me with this guy.

We have gone out to eat, played putt putt golf, I’ve been cooked for, I have cooked for, and we have watched much American Idol together. Only thing left is to rob a convenience store together and call each other “Ma” and “Pa”….personally, I prefer “Daddy”…as in, "Spank me again Daddy" hehe.

We have been dating a month come this Friday where we are celebrating by doing things to each others bodies that are illegal in at least 50 states.

What? I’ll have you know that painting someone up as a traffic cone is highly frowned upon by your local deputy sheriff!

He’s great with Kendell, going as far as playing Xbox with him for over an hour, something I consider akin to having my fingernails ripped out at the roots with dirty pliers by an evil looking man with boogers hanging from his nose. He can’t wait for Kendell’s baseball season and is already planning on taking him fishing.

He sends me a “good morning” text EVERY morning.

He’s affectionate, soft spoken, hard working, and he had me at “I don’t live with my mother and I have my own car and a job”….

Hmmmmm, what can I say? He’s lucky I didn’t run in the opposite direction screaming “It’s a pod person, no man in their 30’s is this normal!!”






17 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hmmmm

Me be likin' him thus far.

And he watches American Idol? No fair!!

4:34 PM, March 06, 2007 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

Yep, know that feeling. It's been a more then 4 months here and I still check in his basement periodically for buried bodies...

[school girl giggling]
This is so cool.

4:51 PM, March 06, 2007 

Blogger Friglet had this to say:

He sounds great! Keep us posted. :)

5:42 PM, March 06, 2007 

Blogger JR's Thumbprints had this to say:

... and to think that I met my wife in of all places--the office. She was the new secretary, and I, the too busy to talk to anyone worker. Good luck!

9:12 PM, March 06, 2007 

Blogger Just a trumpet player had this to say:

Flowers AND American Idol and is including Kendell ??

I'm feeling soooo jealous right now.

Does he have a twin brother you can send my way ??

4:01 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Deech had this to say:

Congrats Kara!

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Flyinfox_SATX

6:45 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Kara just tell them that it is me and I am not a man. Gosh I can't believe you have to be so secret about us. LOL

Sounds fantastic! Um, how bout kickboxer? BigMan?

7:11 AM, March 07, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

When I found mine I almost wanted to lock him in MY basement so I wouldn't lose him. Tracking beacons are pretty cool and not so stalkerish either. Congrats!

7:19 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Callie had this to say:

Ooooh!!! He sounds fantastic.

Oh, and it's so funny, but hubby and I call each other Mama and Daddy. Have NO FREAKING CLUE why or when we started that, but it fits us.

As for what to call him - hmmmm. PG (Perfect Guy)?

Does he have any likes that are unusual? That's always a good place to get nicknames. Or if he wears something alot (Jeans or Polo shirts). You're the one closest to him right now. And you're so good at coming up with nicknames.

8:33 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

You sound so happy! YAY! He sounds like a great guy.

Names? How 'bout Big Daddy? ;-)

8:55 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Yup, he loves American Idol..lol. Fauve, I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop....thats just cause i have such a nice sunny outlook on life (cough cough)
Just A Trumpet, He has four..lol, but they are all married.
sheesh, ok Carrie, yes, he is a kickboxer and he's a big guy..which makes CeCe's nick name suggestion very appropriate ..lol
Gin, I'm thinking about the tracking beacon but currently it would just show him at my hosue..lol.
Callie...LOL..I always wondered how people get into that for pet names..
CeCe...I think you hit the nail on the head..lol

10:21 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

Woohoo!!!! Congrats. :)

10:36 AM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Dan had this to say:

He’s affectionate, soft spoken, hard working, and he had me at “I don’t live with my mother and I have my own car and a job”….

I think I'm in love with him now too! :)

Hey, this is great news! But stop stalling and tell me more about those things that are illegal in all 50 states.

1:11 PM, March 07, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oooh, sounds very promising.

I'm with Cece and voting for Big Daddy.

4:17 PM, March 07, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I'm sure it was just torture for him to play X-box too.

Sounds like your having a great time. Yay for big kick boxing, flower bringing, hard working men.

11:21 PM, March 07, 2007 

Blogger Bill C had this to say:

Traffic cone! Whew! Had me worried.

Congratulations and best to you in the times ahead.
;-)

2:52 PM, March 10, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

YAY YAY YAY YAY! Good things come to those who wait! And you deserve it. Flowers twice in a month? I approve. Affectionate? I approve. Plays with kid? I approve.

How about you call him Mr. Goodthing? :)

8:23 PM, March 13, 2007 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!