What Goes Around, Comes Around.
Friday, July 14, 2006

So today is D day (or should I say C day??).
The candle party has arrived.
I've spent the whole week scrubbing, disinfecting, making things spit spot shiny, just so that I can get a few extra credits to buy some silly candles. Is my house that dirty you ask? Um, I have a ten year old BOY...yes, yes it is.

Last night I pulled down the punch bowl and proceeded to put my ingredients on the table for the margarita fest we will be having. I plan on making ALOT of margarita's.

In trots my son. He scans the table, notices the gargantuan bottle of tequila and looks up at me with raised eyebrows, "What are you guys drinking at the party MOMMMMM?"

Explain to me how a ten year old boy can manage to turn into my father in one second flat? Was this the result of the curse my parents spewed at me several times during my puberty? You know the one where they say, "I hope one day you have children Just. Like. YOU!". I figured when I turned 21 and had my own child and lived in my own home, I didn't have to listen to the voice of judgment anymore.

Evidently I was wrong.

So while several grown ladies are getting tipsy and buying candle sticks they don't need but the liquor god approves of, my son, the moral police, will be watching on with the disapproving eyes of my father.

Mind you, this is the same boy that decided streaking his sitter sounded like a fine idea...

But that's ok though, cause I know...one day he will have children Just. Like. HIM.






10 Comments:
Blogger srp had this to say:

Here from Michele.
That is too funny, the streaker thing. All of a sudden my mind goes back to that song of yesteryear....Oh yes, they call him the streak, lookatthat, lookatthat. So it wasn't great music, it was funny.

Let's see. He's 10, the sitter is 15? In three more years she will have that story to hold over his head. Is he going to be embarrassed when you mention it then? SO, YOU will have that little card tucked away, and you'll probably need it. My Nyssa did her streaking, out the front door of the house as well, but she was just 4. Boy, they are slippery as babies and still slippery when wet at 4; she just got right past me.

1:10 PM, July 14, 2006 

Blogger Purring had this to say:

I grew up and ended up dating someone just.like.me. Sort of a payback huh?

2:13 PM, July 14, 2006 

Blogger Juggling Mother had this to say:

he he, you will have the last laugh eventually. Until then, just get all grown up on him & say it's an adult thing, and he couldn't understand. It really annoys kids when you say that to them;-)


Here from micheles today. It's my forst visit, so I'm off to nose around your archives now.

2:15 PM, July 14, 2006 

Blogger rashbre had this to say:

Sure he hadn't been at the tequila?
Here via Michele's - Hello!

rashbre

2:50 PM, July 14, 2006 

Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle had this to say:

I'll take mine w/o the margarita mix.

3:39 PM, July 14, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi from Micheles.

I hope your candle party is a huge success...maybe your son will go to bed early. maybe.

Happy Weekend and Cheers.

5:02 PM, July 14, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

Hmmmm candles party.. that sounds therapeutic!

6:10 AM, July 16, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Ahhh, you're streaker is 10! Maybe he's headed for a life in the theater.

Hope you party was a success.

3:02 PM, July 16, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

LMAO

Don't worry, in 20 years when he's calling you about something his kid did you can just laugh and laugh....

6:13 AM, July 17, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Don't you love how kids know what is best. That was a really funny post. Your boy cracks me up! I hope your party went well and you got all those ladies slobbering drunk and sold bunches of candles.

8:03 AM, July 17, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!