Doggy Mindreading
Monday, July 03, 2006

This weekend I took the boy and the dog to the off leash park. While stopped at a light on our way to the park I notice a sound being issued out of Buddy's mouth that can only be described as the mournful howl of extreme doggy desire. My hundred pound dog has his head, paws, and the bulk of his extreme furryness outside my half opened back window.

I glance over to the car next to me and see a perfectly ordinary woman. She's grinning, but I can't see anything that would inspire such doggy longing. I'm about to turn away to coral my wayward pup when I notice peeking just above the window ledge two distinctly feline eyes, followed cautiously by a nose. The black furred temptress jumps into her mistress's lap and assumes a "don't touch me" pose with all the haughtiness of an old south debutante.

As my lips form the words, "Uh Oh", I see the grin on my driving compadre's face stretch into full fledged giggles.

The light turned green, thwarting my puppy boy's attempt on interspecies mingling and I darted out of the danger zone with a wave and a grin to the gal in the other car.

My new occupation starting Monday? Dog Whisperer






5 Comments:
Blogger Rene had this to say:

Too funny. That was cute.

Here from Michele's today.

10:39 AM, July 03, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

Poor thing. Stonewalled by the realities of traffic and time. If only canine-feline canoodling were easier.

Makes me want a dog even more. Howling and all.

Someday...

2:04 PM, July 03, 2006 

Blogger srp had this to say:

Here from Michele.
It took me a little while to get here, cats and dogs and all, but now I am laughing. It immediately brought to mind a commercial from several years back, I believe it was a Sony ad. The lights are turned down low, soft music is playing, and as the camera pans across the room, there on the sofa in a full embrace are a gray striped kitty and an english bulldog. Too funny!

6:21 PM, July 03, 2006 

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa had this to say:

hmmmmmmm Dog Whisperer???? How to??? Define whisper in the dog's world.

4:54 AM, July 05, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

RHSP,
A Dog Whisperer is actually some silly show where the person seems to be able to communicate with the dogs....kinda like a Horse Whisperer...
They seem to understand exactly what the animal is trying to say.

9:31 AM, July 05, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!