Days Like These
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

There are days when no matter how warm the sun's rays, I still feel chilled.

No matter how I clutch my arms about myself, it's never quite enough to warm me.

Days when I can feel the tears in the back of my throat, threatening to choke me, rising up from the bowels of my grief like a leviathan.

Days when my smile is a mask for the face I can't show. The reflection that gazes back at me at 3 a.m. when there is no hiding.

I wonder when this well of sorrow that opens beneath my feet will just decide to take me away. When will the currents rush beneath my limbs, and my strength give to the ebb and flow of forces more then me.

I search for my purpose in the faces of those I love. I reach for my reason with every breath that escapes between these pale lips and try to bury the loneliness down, down, beneath layers of smiles and laughter; it's not always enough.

Days when the fight is often more then me, larger, looming.

Days like these...Defeat is my dirty little secret.






4 Comments:
Blogger Karen had this to say:

I'm sorry that you're having a sad day. Hopefully things will brighten soon.

Here via Michele's....

9:30 AM, May 11, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I have plenty of days like these myself. Remember that there are always other people out there who feel the same and that there are people like me who are not only feeling it but thinking of you and wishing you well!

I hope today has not been one of these days!

xxx

12:32 PM, May 11, 2006 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

I'm so sorry you're feeling blue. I don't know if this will help, but it always cheers me up, if just for a short while.

http://www.duirwaighgallery.com/inspiration_trailer.htm

3:10 PM, May 11, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I hope that your week has improved.

4:34 AM, May 12, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!