Trust
Friday, April 28, 2006

Both of our hearts beat a nervous tattoo as we tried to figure out what bus to take to Seattle.

Here we are, 32 and 10 respectively and neither of us have ever been on a transit bus.

We nervously ask directions to the bus station from commuters heading home after a long day. We received our directions along with indulgent smiles and 'I remember when that was me' looks.

As we approach the line we look at each other, mother to child, and the apprehension is clear in our identical coffee colored eyes. His little hand tightens around my larger one as he scans the line of people in front of us.

I straighten my back, letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding and remember who the Mom here in this situation is. I give Kendell a look of reassurance wrapped in a smile and a quick squeeze of his hand.

He glances up at me and you can see the trust there, shining in his baby browns.

I am reminded again that little or small, first bus rides or life changing decisions, he will always look to me first for strength and comfort.

One day, I will tell him how I looked too him for the same.






10 Comments:
Blogger Unknown had this to say:

Yeah, that's the byproduct of single parenting a son. They often take on the 'man of the house' persona, and it's easy to rely on them for the comfort that you give out in return. My son can be a rock like that as well.

Here via Michele

12:04 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Chatty had this to say:

I love your new design! I love Maddie's work. She's working on the new design for my dog blog.

Stopping by via Michele!

12:25 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Sandy J had this to say:

Love the design. In my next life I want to be a website designer. Here by way of Michelle's.

Had four sons. And they all love their momma. Even though they are grown and have families of their own.

12:30 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Mika had this to say:

love the new banner on top!

hello again from micheles.

12:43 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

WAIT A SECOND. I was here like a half hour ago and your site was totally different. Man, that was FAST redesigning. I like this new look. Love the puzzle pieces. Very cool.

Here via michele, but totally bamboozled by the change!

12:43 PM, April 28, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Hi...visiting via Michele.
What a nice mother/son post. The closeness between the two of you comes through strong. Savor these 10 year old memories with him, because all too soon he'll be 35, like my "baby."

3:19 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger YellowRose had this to say:

I look to my children for strength at times when they have no idea when they are giving it to me! They are amazin aren't they?

Michele sent me!

3:42 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos had this to say:

Hi Kara!

I was really touched by today's post. I don't have children, but have always looked to my mom when there are hard decisions in my life.

Nice new design by the way!!!
Have a great weekend...

3:43 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle had this to say:

Anxiously I read your entry as my white rectangular coffee cup seemingly leered at me. I leaned it closer to the sudden realization that coffee cups can't leer... sorry, got carried away with your post.

I know the feeling. Like trying to figure out the subway and everyone darts to the machines for tickets - I have no idea how to buy one or for what location, etc. -- and it's not like you can take your time to make heads or tails of it b/c all these knuckleheads expect you to know what you are doin'

3:55 PM, April 28, 2006 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

Life is ultimately about journeys large and small. You captured this one so beautifully - and in a way that should force all parents to do a double-take when they go anywhere with their own children. I know I will.

Love the new design, BTW.

6:38 AM, April 29, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!