An Apology
Friday, May 05, 2006

Dear Angel,

I am sorry that we often forgot to feed you and when we did feed you we tended to spill the whole bottle into your bowl.

I am sorry that your water would go unchanged until we noticed you gasping for breath at the top of your bowl and that the water had turned an odd shade of green.

I am sorry that we put you on a table that would be under direct sunlight most of the day. No wonder you would swim into the walls of your bowl.

I am sorry that Buddy the dog liked to eat your fish food and would often slurp out of your bowl giving you a fishy heart attack.

I am sorry that you stopped making your happy beta bubbles after we dropped you once.

And mostly,

I am sorry that we bumped the pizza box against your bowl sloshing you out onto the kitchen floor and we didn't notice till the next day when I found your bowl empty.

Dearest Angel, you will be missed,
however, I don't miss cleaning your bowl.

Sincerely,
Your loving family
Kara and Kendell






7 Comments:
Blogger Jamie Dawn had this to say:

Here from Michele's

Poor Angel. I hope she is in fishy heaven!!
Please don't get another fish to torture. :)

12:22 PM, May 05, 2006 

Blogger vanx had this to say:

Unfortunately, our fish seems to be indestructible.~,:^0

12:59 PM, May 05, 2006 

Blogger Kal had this to say:

You got off easy - when our fish died I had to make a popsicle-stick coffin for him and bury him in the back yard, complete with a headstone....

(my kids are a tad nuts...)

1:13 PM, May 05, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Poor angel...I hope fish heaven is a bit less traumatic!

5:30 PM, May 05, 2006 

Blogger Mike had this to say:

I am sorry for your loss!

4:08 PM, May 07, 2006 

Blogger Wendy had this to say:

When we found our fishy corpse, my son insisted on carrying it around in his pocket for the rest of the day. I told him "You can't carry a dead fish around in your pocket." So he informed me "It's MY fish."

8:43 AM, May 08, 2006 

Blogger Tom had this to say:

Too funny dude! We have a beta that just won't die. Rugged little bastard! Surprised your dog didn't eat him up off the floor! Yum. My dog ate a worm yesterday.

9:34 AM, May 08, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!