Help me make a difference!
Wednesday, January 09, 2008


Please take a minute to look to your right. You will see a new link for Relay for Life that will take you right to my personal page. I am walking this May to support the American Cancer Society.
My goal is a modest $200.00 and if every one of you donate just a dollar, I could be there well before May of 2008...
Ok, if every one of you donates $50 i might be there before May..hehe..just kidding.
You might wonder about why I am doing this. When I was 26 years old I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. It shook my world. Here I was, a young single mother and this doctor was telling me something that could end things the way I knew them.
My story ends happily, as the treatments I underwent were successful and I have been cancer free for over six years. I was one of the lucky ones; they caught it before it could become full blown cancer. Yet so many others we're not so blessed.
It's time to step up and make a difference, or in my case, to walk to make a difference.
I hope you will join me in this cause.
Kara






1 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

That's my BFF. I will look into it. And why didn't I know this?

5:44 PM, January 09, 2008 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!