7 Things About Me
Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I stole this from my best bud Carrie at Draw Circles. I've been really...really...bad about blogging this year and really, this does not make up for it does it? Ah well...here it is:

7 Things About Me


1. I'm an avid reader, must have a book at all times! I even read in the shower...which makes returning books to the library awkward.

2. I say, "You know what I mean?" several times during a conversation. I guess I don't really think anyone is listening and this is my way to check.

3. I'm a zealot when it comes to Kendells sports, love to watch them. I'm that loud mouthed, obnoxious mother you look at and roll your eyes. One day I believe I will be thrown out of his game due to telling the Ref what a crap call he just made.

4. I'm a weird mixture of shy and funny. I'm very reserved when I first meet you, but once you're my friend I'll do my best to have you rolling. I like nothing better then making someone laugh.

5. I'm the youngest of five kids, but only one sibling lives in the same state with me. Though this sibling makes me feel like I'm more of a burden, then a sister to them. Since my mom died, I've never felt so isolated or alone in this world. I don't really feel like I have any family anymore

6. I'm not the person I thought I would be, and not the person I used to be. I still wonder who I am becoming and when the people who knew me before will let me be her.

7. I snort when I laugh...seriously, can you think of a less attractive laugh???

Maybe I should try this again when I'm in a better mood? Ah well, so be it.






7 Comments:
Blogger mlah had this to say:

didn't you have family in texas?

1:42 PM, October 16, 2007 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

I do, both brothers. I don't talk to the oldest and I speak to my other brother weekly. But it's not the same as having someone here. Someone to spend the holidays with, who notices when your sick, or down...to come to birthdays...

3:28 PM, October 16, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You know, the door swings both ways....

6:30 PM, October 17, 2007 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

#5: I know how you feel. I was born into a family that seems to breed self-centredness and unkindness. I am most certainly the black sheep of the bunch, and it's a very lonely place to be.

It forces me to look within for the warmth I need.

5:44 PM, October 18, 2007 

Blogger carmilevy had this to say:

Oh, and I HAVE to respond to anonymous up there. Gaa, I HATE wimps who don't have the guts to write under their real name!

Sounds like something my sibs would do on my blog...except I don't think I've ever written about them. I guess the writer in me takes care of people like that by permanently banishing them off the old personal radar.

5:47 PM, October 18, 2007 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

You sound like me, I've ALWAYS got a book with me. ALWAYS. I even keep one in my desk drawer just in case I forget mine at home!

As much as I love and ejoy my family I wish (at times) that I wasn't as close with them b/c it would make wanting to move out of CA so much easier for me. *sigh*

3:04 PM, October 22, 2007 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

In this day and age, when people are just so dang distracted, #2 makes much sense.

Also, I can totally relate to #5. It's just my brother, my father & me now...and brother and I were never close. My dad's an only child, so no immediate cousins there, and Mom had two brothers, only one of whom had kids, just one, and he's estranged from the family...his choice. My friends are my family, I guess.

Hi, Michele sent me :-)

7:36 AM, October 24, 2007 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!