Growing Pains
Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's a typical Sunday night.
Kendell is in his room getting his last minute xbox fix and I'm on the couch studiously avoiding the pile of dirty dishes left from dinner.

Kendell, evidently done saving the planet from war, plops down next to me on the couch, "Mom, I have hair on my privates."

Pause

I look at him and he looks right back as if we were discussing his favorite cartoon; He's totally engaged.

"Well, that's pretty normal" I manage to reply without breaking expression.

"Yeah, well I don't like it" he says while scowling down at his lap.

"No one does kiddo. It's just part of growing up."

"Yeah, well, I better not get any on my chest!"

I reply deadpan, "Well, since I don't, you've got at least a 50/50 chance."






2 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

SNORT!!!

5:17 PM, January 22, 2008 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh my gosh.....that's funny! Wait'll he finds out you blogged about THAT!

7:32 PM, January 24, 2008 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!