Anti-Climactic
Monday, August 07, 2006

I was all prepared to have a sobby post this morning, complete with a photo shot of a bus driving away in a cloud of dust...Preferably with my young son hanging out a window waving tearfully with a face of abject woe.

Um, not so much.

We get to the office about fifteen minutes early. Drag in his stuff, sign a few things and sit down. Where upon a girl with curly brown locks turns around from where she had been sitting, sees Kendell, giggles and turns away.

Kendell looks from her to me and with a straight face says, "you can go now Mom."

I of course assume he is trying to be brave and tell him that no, it's all right, I can stay.

"Don't you need to get to work Mom? You'll be late, you don't want to get into trouble."

"Are you sure?" I ask him, "I can stay, no problem."

"No really Mom, I'm fine...you better get to work."

So I gave him a kiss and hug goodbye and wandered out of the office with longing backward glances towards my little one...who was blissfully ignorant of my looks since he was busy chatting up the girl who had just made googly eyes at him.

Sniffle...






13 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

They always say separation is harder on the mom's. I am dreading the first day of Kindergarten for this very reason. I got all teared up at orientation. . . I am a goner.

10:27 AM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Tracie Nall had this to say:

Ouch!! At least you know that he has found someone to talk to!!

Michele says hi!

10:31 AM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Kal had this to say:

chuckle chuckle.

Hate the game, not the playa...

10:53 AM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Callie had this to say:

Awwww! Por Mom!

Doesn't that suck?

My 10 year old girl is already starting with the "Mom you can go now" routine. But, since I'm mean and evil, I just ignore her, then proceed to embarass the crap out of her.

She loves it. }:->

11:35 AM, August 07, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Just wait till he's a teenager, then pay him back.
It's much funner that way.
Love You
Your sis

11:51 AM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger ƒåυνέ had this to say:

:)

Aw yes...I remember the first time my son blew me off.
And I agree, embarrassing him as a teenager will be fun. Just wait - 15 yr old boys are easy targets.

12:15 PM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Awww, poor mom. {{hugs}}

I'm a wreck on the first day of school, too. I cry each year. LOL

12:25 PM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

awww

now go and enjoy your son-free time doing all those things you don't get to do under normal circumstances. like going pee w/no interruptions

*smile*

i hope thise week goes well for you.

12:32 PM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Purring had this to say:

I bet you're still his favorite girl!

1:23 PM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Looks like he has found time to mingle, how 'bout you? Get you someone that you can get googly eyed with.

I'm glad to see that you are hanging in there. Have fun!

1:39 PM, August 07, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

My first day of 6th grade, my parents were practically hanging out of the car with their video camera. I ran.

8:21 PM, August 07, 2006 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

Hah! Get used to it. ;)

7:35 AM, August 08, 2006 

Blogger Jenn had this to say:

I was always like that with my mom too. Now I dred the day. =o\

7:01 AM, August 09, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!