Murphy's Law
Thursday, August 10, 2006

I broke the car.

The brakes have been bad for a long time now, but as everyone knows...breaks cost more then a newborn child and since I can't afford one of those either...

So I put it off, and put it off....seems I put it a little too far and off the edge of the world it fell.

It was towed out of my driveway this morning. The right front wheel seems to have something against turning. Must have something to do with that rubbing sound I've been hearing, you know, the one that turned into a full fledged banshee SHRIEK yesterday...yea, that one..pretty sure that's it.

I could go forward, but that direction led me too Buddy and the house. I can let you know that dogs DO panic when a car comes at them...go figure.

On a bright note, my mechanic will take payments...I'd rather he just take a pound of flesh, I have plenty of that to spare...money? not so much.

I can't wait to get Kendell tomorrow...I need a hug.






7 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Oh dear! I hate that and I know all so well that noise you were speaking of.

I got an idea! You know how people have those payapl things to collect money for donations? You should do that. This is a great story and I am sure all of America would be happy to send you a nickel a piece.

2:35 PM, August 10, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I remember those days. When Zed was born, my car didn't have AC. So there he was, all of two months old, sweating in the back while I drove furiously, with all four windows down (not power either!) to get from point A to point B and get his little nummin' head out of the car before he stroked out. Cars are evil.

2:46 PM, August 10, 2006 

Blogger nikki had this to say:

that SUCKS! i'm so sorry you have to deal with car problems! and once one thing goes, it's like everything else follows in a domino effect. i think something's up with my fan cuz i can't turn on my ac without hearing this whirring noise. so what do i do? instead of taking it to the shop, i've been driving around in 100 degree heat with the windows down. i'm like you...i like to wait until the last minute. meanwhile, i'm gonna pass out from the heat if i don't get this fixed.

3:03 PM, August 10, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You made it! You get him back tomorrow! Enjoy your weekend. It was nice having you as a renter!

8:05 PM, August 10, 2006 

Blogger Kristen had this to say:

oh crumbs! i'm afraid that might be what happens to my car sometime soon...it just might be a different kind of a breaking...

and yea! tomorrow you get your boy back!!! hooray!!

8:33 AM, August 11, 2006 

Blogger smizzo had this to say:

Oh, I'm so sorry. :( I hope you get you hug soon!

10:36 AM, August 11, 2006 

Blogger *~*Cece*~* had this to say:

Oooh nooo! That sucks. What a crappy way to start the weekend. I hope you can get a good deal on your repair work.

And have fun with your boy soon!

11:23 AM, August 11, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!