No Pain No Gain
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Oh yes, I'm going back to the gym.
I'm. very. excited... really.
I get to wear clothing that I know will be too tight. I get to go do things that are physically uncomfortable and would embarrass my mother. I get to work out while pretending there isn't a sweat stain leading from my back to the middle of my ass cheeks. What's not to like?? I didn't stop working out because I'm in perfect shape ya'll; I put our YMCA membership on hold to save some dinero during the holiday season. That's not a valid excuse anymore. I'm paying for the damn thing, gotta go use it. Just like I paid for the kick boxing bag that hangs like a forgotten air freshener in our car port or the weight bench that currently serves as a convenient clothing hanger. Don't get me wrong. I love to work out. I love feeling like I can kick some serious ass. But I'm competitive. I can't just go to a class and feel good about it. I have to go and work out till I'm about to hurl. I have to kick higher and harder then the next person. I have to be bouncier then the chick on the next step. I have to run faster, walk farther and generally be the queen bee or I don't want to play at all. That's so not gonna happen with the weight that's managed to squeeze me back into my fat jeans. I'm going to go and feel like I'm starting all over again. I'm back to being the new kid in class that everyone looks at and says "glad that's not me, standing there...all alone"
Sigh.
I imagine in the next few days I will be experiencing pain in places that would rather be left alone. My 32 year old body will feel like an 85 year old grandma. I shall hobble my sore ass into work and whine to anyone who will listen. But, that's ok. Cause I'm going back to the gym and I'm gonna like it Damn It!






1 Comments:
Blogger Mike had this to say:

No pain no gain! Working out is a chore, good luck sweetie!

7:09 PM, January 04, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!