Potty Training 101
Friday, December 01, 2006

Friend: I had a rough time training my son. How was Kendell?
Me: Meeeh..he wasn't so bad.
Friend: Lord when my son was finally trained, I then had to train him to lift the lid!
Me: Oh no kidding! Me too. Only with Kendell it wasn't just the lid that got wet, it was the shower stall, the corner, the cat in the hallway outside...
Friend:((snort)) whatever
Me: Ha, seriously. I went out on our apartment balcony one day to find him watering the plants down below and the neighbor across the courtyard on the floor of her balcony laughing so hard she was crying.
Friend:Ahhh, an exhibitionist....
Me:That's not the worse of it. I swear before I could get him to lift the lid he would pee all over the seat. VERY fun to go sit down and sit in someone else's pee ((eye roll))
Friend: How did you break him of it?
Pause
Me: I told him if I ever sat down in his pee again he would have to clean the seat up...with his tongue.
Friend: ((staring at me, mouth hanging open))
Me: What?? It worked!

Bribery and threats....a mother's greatest weapons.






10 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Oh I am sure Kendall is going to appreciate this post for the rest of his life. It is like a picture a mom would take of her naked baby and then threatening to show her pre-teen's boyfriend.

9:29 AM, December 01, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

again..it's all about threats and bribery..bwah hah ha ha

10:23 AM, December 01, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Oh, the joys of raising boys. I once woke up to find Doodlebug peeing in the kitchen garbage. He was half-asleep and when I asked him what he was doing, he completely woke up and immediately started crying, turned and peed in every direction.

Do you KNOW how difficult it is to pull a wet 13-gallon Glad trash bag out of a green rectangular Rubbermaid garbage can? I seriously thought I was going to have to poke holes in the bottom of the can to release the suction (and then go buy a new can).

12:18 PM, December 01, 2006 

Blogger Kara had this to say:

Mind-Laughing my freakin ass off right now at the visual...hehe

12:36 PM, December 01, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

HA!! Mine was no trouble to potty train, but somewhere along the way he picked up the habit of wiping poop on the bathroom cabinet. I'm really not sure what that's about...

12:38 PM, December 01, 2006 

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills had this to say:

I am so grateful I never had to go through this...! LOL!
Not a whole lot of fun!

Michele sent me today!

12:40 PM, December 01, 2006 

Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Oh thanks a lot guys, I'll be having a kid real soon now.

1:58 PM, December 01, 2006 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

I like your style! ;)

8:14 PM, December 01, 2006 

Blogger Tina had this to say:

OMG Funny! If I ever have a little boy, I will remember what I've read here today to help stop him if he pees on the seat!

4:51 AM, December 02, 2006 

Blogger TamWill had this to say:

deja vu - I told ALL my boys the exact same thing YOU told yours! WOW!

It worked :O)

8:21 PM, December 04, 2006 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!