But for the Grace of God...
Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I gloried in the feel of the breeze my speed created
wheels blurring over the wooden floor
the burn in lower legs and the flex of muscle in my thighs
reminders of where I've been, where I still need to go
and for that moment I felt free
lifted above my burdens
my heart light and unworried
as my body remembered past grace and strove to imitate it

my eyes caught the eyes of his father
this beautiful boy
body broken and confined to the chair
his only mobility existed in those chocolate brown eyes and that sweet face
eyes that latched onto the movement on the floor
and I thought, "but for the grace of God go I"

What an arrogant thought
what an arrogant saying
for the first time I questioned it, this phrase I had read in books
heard in speak
for the first time I really understood it, and detested it

As if I were more worthy of god's grace then this boy?
As if my life were somehow more deserving of God's attention

It was one of those moments
Where life experiences and maturity work together
and you chose to grow
to learn
from past thoughts and misconceptions
to move forward from who you are
to who you should be

But for the Grace of God
I would today be a little bit more ignorant then yesterday






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!